A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:31:55 am
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TPD Layoff protest in front of the Mayor's house  (Read 12638 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2009, 02:00:51 pm »

yes it was...

Soon as I asked, I looked again and saw the large cache of signs tucked into the right saddlebag of his bike and noticed the cammo pants.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2009, 02:02:08 pm »

Did they follow the lead of the carpenter's union and hire homeless people?

Power is nothing till you use it.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2009, 02:44:17 pm »

Isn't the guy on the bike banned poster "doubleA"?

If it is, his having to ride the ol’ Schwinn 3 Speed to the protest goes a long way to explaining AA’s hostility to women. ‘Cause he’s not going to be scoring much with the ladies on that ride.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2009, 02:45:36 pm »

If it is, his having to ride the ol’ Schwinn 3 Speed to the protest goes a long way to explaining AA’s hostility to women. ‘Cause he’s not going to be scoring much with the ladies on that ride.

That's funny.  Reminds me of Bill Paxton's line from "True Lies" about not being well endowed and not scoring much.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
MDepr2007
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2009, 05:33:48 pm »

I thought this was a bike friendly place...
TUalum0982
Philanthropist

« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2009, 06:42:03 pm »

Lemme guess..."Laid off need beer" guy was Paul Tay?

from KOTV's website
"Paul Tay, a former mayoral candidate, was at the protest, mostly joking and videotaping those videotaping him. The number of media at the protest was about even with the number of protesters."

article can be found here:

http://www.newson6.com/global/story.asp?s=11415151

"You cant solve Stupid." 
"I don't do sorry, sorry is for criminals and screw ups."
rwarn17588
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2009, 09:54:26 pm »

Protesters < reporters = FAIL
MDepr2007
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2009, 10:14:06 pm »

Protesters < reporters = FAIL

Fail was the media even running the story the day before and afterwards
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org