A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:13:38 am
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TPD Layoff protest in front of the Mayor's house  (Read 12640 times)
sroemerman
Citizen

« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2009, 11:39:25 am »

This is most likely a fabrication and not the true story.

It is true.  I heard Inhofe talk about it with my own two ears, all while his campaign manager got upset because he didn't think that was something he should be talking about, IE threatening to kill protesters.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2009, 11:50:54 am »

Any time I have to listen to Inhofe my ears bleed.  Coburn just makes me laugh uncontrollably.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2009, 12:01:20 pm »

Let me see, across the street from City Hall is more city owned property.  No picketing there either.

Well sh!t, I guess they will have to picket from a block or two away.  Damn the luck!

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2009, 12:06:04 pm »

Oh, but your city councilors have seen to it that picketing on city property is illegal:

Tulsa ordinances Title 27, Section 1702A.

Isn't that convenient, you can picket anything but the government.

How would that stand a constitutional test?
(How ironic; citizens upholding the constitutional rights of police...)

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2009, 01:58:20 pm »

When the president of the FOP says that he doesn't think it's right to protest at the Mayor's house and the organizers don't believe they should even give out the address, then it sounds like a bad idea all around.
shadows
City Father

« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2009, 02:17:35 pm »

If the property is owned by the taxpayers under the charter of a city then a person can exercise all rights granted.  As long as such taxpayers are moving and cannot be considered loitering they are protect in many labor case decisions.  Exception; if such is within a gated community then it is private property and can be restricted.    
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 02:21:10 pm by shadows » Logged

Today we stand in ecstasy and view that we build today’
Tomorrow we will enter into the plea to have it torn away.
MDepr2007
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2009, 07:31:15 pm »

As long as they don't block the street and create a safety hazard, it's within their rights to 'peacefully assemble'.  I wonder how long the 'peaceful' part will last.

That will be the media blocking the streets more than officers. I wonder if they'll drive their personal vehicles or their squad cars.
AVERAGE JOE
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2009, 01:06:09 pm »

From the Tulsa Business Journal:
Media Outnumbers Protesters
sroemerman
Citizen

« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2009, 01:15:53 pm »

From the Tulsa Business Journal:
Media Outnumbers Protesters

I was there taking pictures, I guess I was counted as a member of the media...whcih I guess is more accurate as counting me with he protesters...nevertheless, please to enjoy the pictures.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/roemerman/sets/72157622696749200/
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2009, 01:27:38 pm »

That will be the media blocking the streets more than officers. I wonder if they'll drive their personal vehicles or their squad cars.

Silly place to park a mail truck....    Wink

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2009, 01:52:05 pm »

I was there taking pictures, I guess I was counted as a member of the media...whcih I guess is more accurate as counting me with he protesters...nevertheless, please to enjoy the pictures.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/roemerman/sets/72157622696749200/

Lemme guess..."Laid off need beer" guy was Paul Tay?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
FOTD
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2009, 01:55:01 pm »

Well sh!t, I guess they will have to picket from a block or two away.  Damn the luck!

Good. They can stand in front of that personal automobile warehouse a block north built into a residential neighborhood.....
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2009, 01:56:23 pm »

I'm not so sure Conan; I don't see an inflatable popo on his bike.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2009, 01:56:46 pm »

Isn't the guy on the bike banned poster "doubleA"?

Power is nothing till you use it.
sroemerman
Citizen

« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2009, 01:59:34 pm »

yes it was...
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org