A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 02:51:14 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another Gas going up.  (Read 5201 times)
shadows
City Father

« on: October 23, 2009, 10:05:13 pm »

Some where I seem to have missed the reason to make the homes and appliances more energy efficient.  There is a stimulus being considered for doling out taxpayers money to reduce the cost of replacing the clunker appliances?  I get a mailer from ONG who is asking for an average gas increase of $4.92 (which could be around 12 dollars per month) because they are not receiving their guaranteed return on their investment caused by the shortage in sales, created by the more energy efficient homes and appliances. (suppose also that includes the golden parachutes)

Does this make sense or is this that free enterprise we are told about?         

Today we stand in ecstasy and view that we build today’
Tomorrow we will enter into the plea to have it torn away.
GG
Philanthropist

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2009, 10:07:12 am »

Actually ONG does not make money on natural gas, it is sold to you at cost.  They make their money transporting the gas.  The rate increase is to cover increased cost in maintaining their transmission lines.

Trust but verify
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2009, 10:38:26 am »

Actually ONG does not make money on natural gas, it is sold to you at cost.  They make their money transporting the gas.  The rate increase is to cover increased cost in maintaining their transmission lines.

I don't remember if it was ONG but I remember reading about a company doing something similar.  What they didn't say was that they fully owned the company they bought the product from and that fully owned company was making a pretty profit on the product.   A little bit of legal separation can go a long way for perception of benevolence. 

I wish I could remember the circumstances better because the next response will probably be to ask for sources.  Sorry, it was long enough ago and there was nothing I could do about it except remember the sneakiness.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2009, 11:25:29 am »

I don't remember if it was ONG but I remember reading about a company doing something similar.  What they didn't say was that they fully owned the company they bought the product from and that fully owned company was making a pretty profit on the product.   A little bit of legal separation can go a long way for perception of benevolence. 

I wish I could remember the circumstances better because the next response will probably be to ask for sources.  Sorry, it was long enough ago and there was nothing I could do about it except remember the sneakiness.

I do believe ONG is a subsidiary or division of ONEOK.  ONEOK produces, processes, stores, and delivers natural gas and oil according to their web site.  And yes, I do believe ONG buys gas from ONEOK amongst others.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
GG
Philanthropist

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2009, 09:07:46 pm »

Is this what you are talking about?

http://www.tulsaworld.com/business/article.aspx?subjectid=49&articleid=20090924_49_E1_ChrisH455292

Trust but verify
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org