A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:30:57 pm
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Scuse Me While I Kiss The Sky  (Read 13666 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2009, 02:43:09 pm »

That is because this community would be better off without these refineries. That has been my argument since day one. They are causing il health and injurious to economic development through lack of compatibility in clean air attainment set by the Feds.

Tulsa should find a way to lead the nation in natural gas car conversion. Instead, it's WNBA.

You can continue believing these liars at Holly and Sinkcleanair....you seem sold on their "honesty."

Carcinogens are being pumped into the local air, yet you choose to still live here.  Better idea, why don't you move?  The toxic clean-up from your bong water will be a far smaller cost.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
FOTD
« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2009, 03:11:22 pm »

Strike....you whiffed my point.

Some of us remain here out of duty but then that's something you think is flushed rather than sacred.

* Dumb Ass.jpg (14.53 KB - downloaded 363 times.)
FOTD
« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2009, 12:37:38 pm »

That is because this community would be better off without these refineries. That has been my argument since day one. They are causing il health and injurious to economic development through lack of compatibility in clean air attainment set by the Feds.

Tulsa should find a way to lead the nation in natural gas car conversion. Instead, it's WNBA.

You can continue believing these liars at Holly and Sinkcleanair....you seem sold on their "honesty."

Well, lookie here!!!!!! This amount of funding won't do squat unless incentives are given to convert. Raise tax rates and increase deductions for this use. Mayor Taylor, show some leadership and make our city an example of how a city can clean it's air...and get rid of noxious odors!

Submitted by Nate Kharrl on Thu, 07/23/2009 - 10:55
in Politics Transportation
Natural Gas Cars to get the Green Light

"The U.S. House of Representatives is set to vote on the largest funding of natural gas vehicles in the history of the American auto industry. The bill, H.R. 1622, would call on the Department of Energy to administer a $150 million study and implementation program over the next 5 years to incorporate natural gas into a wider range of US vehicles, increase the efficiency of the natural gas supply infrastructure, and educate consumers about the advantages of driving natural gas vehicles.

This bill was written by Rep. John Sullivan (R-OK), and has been said to be receiving bipartisan support in the House. "The vehicle fleet of the future will include a diverse range of fuels and vehicle technologies," said Rep. Bart Gordon (D-TN).

This legislation is not to be confused with the T. Boone Pickens endorsed NAT-GAS bill, which offers tax credits for purchasers of natural gas vehicles and grants to auto manufacturers that want to make the switch to alternative fuel engine production.

HR 1622 to Move America Forward with Natural Gas Cars
Both of these bills are aimed at moving America's transportation energy source away from foreign oil and toward domestically available natural gas. While natural gas is a fossil fuel, its emissions are cleaner than both gasoline and diesel, and it produces virtually no particle emissions. Natural gas is already a popular fuel for warehouse vehicles, where indoor air quality is directly tied to workers' health. Public transportation systems, such as buses, are often fueled by compressed natural gas.

Most of the 10 million vehicles run on natural gas are located in Europe and India. The 142,000 in America are either commercial grade equipment, or Honda Civic GXs. Honda is the only automaker in America that builds and sells a natural gas vehicle.

The Congressional Budget Office estimates that about $132 of the $150 million will remain after administrative costs, representing the largest direct investment into transportation energy technology by the federal government. Environmental groups like Greenpeace are against this legislature, arguing that "over the next few years, power from solar energy will become significantly cheaper than natural gas," and that this investment is only considered green when compared to other fossil fuels."

http://www.ecofactory.com/news/natural-gas-cars-get-green-light-072309
FOTD
« Reply #48 on: October 21, 2009, 07:04:30 am »

Crushie,

Your gullibility factor just went up 10 fold....

The devil

"you don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows..." Bob Dylan (Brady theater this Saturday)

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #49 on: October 21, 2009, 09:09:37 am »

Please at least read the threads before you bump them.  You were arguing that updates to the refinery were a bad thing and you hoped they wouldn't spend $1bil updating them.  I was arguing that that sort of investment in infrastructure is a benefit to the community. 

Then the deal fell through and you gloated about it.  I said congrats on "winning" and expressed how thrilled you must be that we will be left with the status quo.  Now another business deal is on the table . . .

That makes me gullible?

Quick . . . find another refinery thread to make random comments in!

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.

Global Moderator
Civic Leader

« Reply #50 on: October 21, 2009, 09:23:14 am »

In an effort to consolidate the refinery threads, please see:

Sinclair sold to Holly

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org