A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 12:43:55 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Helpdesk Pro  (Read 4876 times)
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« on: October 09, 2009, 02:00:56 pm »

Helpdesk Pro
Duties include providing customer support assistance in a Windows XP environment, taking incoming user calls over the telephone, and logging calls and resolving the problem in a timely manner. This position will also be responsible for some network administration tasks that include creating new users, assigning rights, resetting passwords, etc. Must have Strong experience with support and installation of Win XP, Windows 2000, TCP/IP, MS Office, experience with Win XP and PC Imaging technologies, strong customer service and interpersonal skills, solid work ethic and phone etiquette, and an A+ certification.

Please forward resumes to sgaspar@myspringpoint.com

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2009, 03:06:52 pm »

Windows 2000  Shocked
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2009, 03:15:35 pm »

Dang Gaspar, your new venture must be working out quite well if you are looking to hire several people.  Good job!

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2009, 03:38:59 pm »

I can't apply for this job.

I give bad phone.

Power is nothing till you use it.
brianh
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2009, 03:52:31 pm »

Nice job, it could be hard to find helpdesk people with real usable knowledge of Office. It's like that skill that everybody says they have, but the only reason they say that is because it was included with the job description and they had to say it. They just crawl the menu items looking for something that sounds reasonable like everyone else. http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/tech_support_cheat_sheet.png
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 03:55:46 pm by brianh » Logged
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2009, 03:58:01 pm »

Since I'm needing a job, I'm still looking for you to post one that I would qualify for.  Ya just had to throw in that A+ Certification, didn't ya?
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2009, 06:51:29 am »

Since I'm needing a job, I'm still looking for you to post one that I would qualify for.  Ya just had to throw in that A+ Certification, didn't ya?

Send me your resume.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
TURobY
Social Butterfly
City Father

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2009, 07:13:00 am »

Ya just had to throw in that A+ Certification, didn't ya?

It's actually not too difficult to obtain. I took it a couple years ago (at that time, you still had to know Windows 95, BLECK!), and I remember studying maybe a total of 20-30 hours to prepare for it (mostly due to having to re-learn Windows 95). Luckily, the objectives for A+ have been modernized, so I'd imagine that that if you are familiar with modern operating systems, you should be able to pick it up in no time.

You might check out http://www.vtc.com/products/CompTIA-Aplus-Certification-2003-Objectives-tutorials.htm

---Robert
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org