A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:29:13 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Obama: US 'making real progress' fighting terror  (Read 1271 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« on: October 06, 2009, 10:55:54 am »

Thanks a pant-load Mr. President.  Funny, you never said as much when you were a Senator.

"WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama on Tuesday thanked counterterrorism employees who work to prevent attacks on the United States and its allies, crediting them with "making real progress" in disrupting al-Qaida and other extremist networks.

"The record of your service is written in the attacks that never occur — because you thwarted them — and in the countless Americans who are alive today because you saved them," Obama told his audience at the National Counterterrorism Center outside Washington. "For that, America is in your debt."

Obama also warned, though, that the enemies of the United States are relentless, resourceful and "still plotting."

"No one can ever promise that there won't be another attack on American soil," Obama said. "But I can promise you this: I pledge to do everything in my power as president to keep America safe. And I pledge to give all of you the tools and support you need to get that job done here at home."

Obama's visit was meant to give a boost to analysts who work in obscurity at the center, a cross-agency body formed after the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks. The center has a dual mission of intelligence analysis and operational planning. Employees collect and share information to combat terrorism within the United States and abroad.

Obama said he uses the center's "product" every day to make national security decisions. He spoke after meeting privately with the center's leadership."

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
USRufnex
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 10:39:36 am »

Thanks a pant-load Mr. President.  Funny, you never said as much when you were a Senator.

Really?

Here's Senator Obama from 2007.....
http://my.barackobama.com/page/community/post_group/ObamaHQ/CpHR

"By refusing to end the war in Iraq, President Bush is giving the terrorists what they really want, and what the Congress voted to give them in 2002: a U.S. occupation of undetermined length, at undetermined cost, with undetermined consequences...

When I am President, we will wage the war that has to be won, with a comprehensive strategy with five elements: getting out of Iraq and on to the right battlefield in Afghanistan and Pakistan; developing the capabilities and partnerships we need to take out the terrorists and the world's most deadly weapons; engaging the world to dry up support for terror and extremism; restoring our values; and securing a more resilient homeland."
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 10:41:10 am by USRufnex » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org