A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:55:07 pm
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looks like the OHP takes it on the chin yet again.  (Read 125105 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #105 on: June 08, 2016, 12:15:56 pm »

What a classless way to end a tragedy.

Only to the family and most of society.  Not to the OHP....obviously.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #106 on: January 22, 2017, 07:03:05 pm »

Three years after beaten by OHP, charges dropped against deaf victim.
http://kfor.com/2017/01/19/exclusive-charges-dropped-against-man-at-the-center-of-a-firestorm/

TeeDub
« Reply #107 on: January 26, 2017, 12:02:18 am »

Being deaf isn't an excuse to hit and run.

He is still facing a misdemeanor in Cleveland County for alleged involvement in the hit and run incident from that night.
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #108 on: January 27, 2017, 06:34:13 pm »

He is still facing a misdemeanor in Cleveland County for alleged involvement in the hit and run incident from that night.

Oh, he backed into the troopers car and drove off.  That certainly justifies being beaten to a pulp by two armed men.

Im speechless that anyone could defend what was done to that man.

TeeDub
« Reply #109 on: January 27, 2017, 11:47:32 pm »

Didn't watch the video.   Probably excessive.   He also should have known not to drive away from an accident.

I was always taught, don't make the cops chase you or when they catch you, they will make you pay for making them run.

dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #110 on: January 28, 2017, 10:11:01 am »

Didn't watch the video.   Probably excessive.   He also should have known not to drive away from an accident.

I was always taught, don't make the cops chase you or when they catch you, they will make you pay for making them run.

You're introducing "alternative facts" that while relevant and factual parts of the story, they are not important regarding Vashta's agenda.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #111 on: January 28, 2017, 10:51:52 am »

Hit and run is a misdemeanor, so is jaywalking, and not an excuse to beat the lawbreaker.

How about you let the courts decide what is alternative, relevant and factual. Spent any time around hearing impaired? Think the OHP ought to have some training in that area? I have and I do. It is an impairment that seems to be growing due to environmental factors.

onward...through the fog
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #112 on: January 28, 2017, 11:56:42 am »

Hit and run is a misdemeanor, so is jaywalking, and not an excuse to beat the lawbreaker.

How about you let the courts decide what is alternative, relevant and factual. Spent any time around hearing impaired? Think the OHP ought to have some training in that area? I have and I do. It is an impairment that seems to be growing due to environmental factors.

Yes, I do have an understanding of dealing with speech/hearing/vision impaired. I was part of the ADA team with my job being compliance with telecommunications equipment. My comment was a reference to the usual one sided viewpoint, and the ignoring of other facts by Vashta. Does the OHP not teach troopers some basic sign language? This is something that should have been implemented years ago, but I forget, the state wants to spend money on a 10 Commandments Statue ballot question since it's the most important thing.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #113 on: January 28, 2017, 05:27:28 pm »

I try to filter out posters passions and deal with their information delivery. Yes, he/she is one sided. In this case it seems there is pretty much one side. We will end up paying out some tax dollars cause I doubt seriously they get any basic sign language other than a middle finger!

This state and their obsession with religion, republicans and oil is becoming legendary. At least we supported golden boy so he won't punish us. I mean, anymore than is necessary.....

onward...through the fog
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #114 on: January 28, 2017, 06:17:24 pm »

It is an impairment that seems to be growing due to environmental factors.

I WONDER IF IT HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH LOUD MUSIC.

Grin

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #115 on: January 28, 2017, 06:24:16 pm »

Cheesy I'm quite sure it does. When I was carting around hearing impaired children I began to notice that congenital hearing problems were much more common than I had known. Apparently, there are environmental and chemical determinants at play. Drug use during pregnancy, damaged chromosomes, poor pre-natal care. Amazing technology is being applied to deal with it. Sign language will always be like a first language for them but technology is affording some other solutions. The good news about that is they tend to be very precocious children. They have to learn two languages early on, signing and signing in English. They also learn to read lips and social signals very well. Smart kids.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 06:26:37 pm by AquaMan » Logged

onward...through the fog
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #116 on: January 28, 2017, 06:58:00 pm »

I try to filter out posters passions and deal with their information delivery. Yes, he/she is one sided. In this case it seems there is pretty much one side. We will end up paying out some tax dollars cause I doubt seriously they get any basic sign language other than a middle finger!

Pearson keeps a placard in his car that reads: "Driver is deaf. Failure to follow verbal commands means I am NOT hearing you."
It is his first tool for communicating his disability in a situation where there may have been misunderstanding.

He had the placard in his car the night he was arrested.

Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #117 on: January 28, 2017, 10:19:55 pm »

The Tulsa World wouldn't have had to look too far to debunk its own OHP pity piece:

Guinn often lets folks off with warnings, unless they are truly deserving of a citation, (Oklahoma Highway Patrol Trooper Jamie Guinn) said. The OHP doesn’t have ticket quotas, he said...
http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/crimewatch/secrets-of-an-ohp-trooper-pulling-over-fbi-agents-guy/article_44e9d15a-fdab-5d42-bd8c-6a44b322e8d1.html

Liar, liar

OHP troopers graded on number of arrests, tickets
The Oklahoma Highway Patrol is using a formula to evaluate troopers based in part on the number of tickets they write and number of arrests made, records show.
One policy sets goals for northeastern Oklahoma's Troop L of about four tickets for every 10 traffic stops and 30 arrests per year for alcohol offenses
http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/local/ohp-troopers-graded-on-number-of-arrests-tickets/article_da17a208-e12c-59da-820c-b20e4ae76ea0.html

...nor does the agency receive much money from writing a citation.

pants on fire

ticket revenues go into a fund to purchase new patrol cars
http://www.tulsaworld.com/opinion/editorials/quotas/article_896bf43f-9633-52e7-85bc-d0368e168678.html
TeeDub
« Reply #118 on: January 29, 2017, 12:07:20 am »

He had the placard in his car the night he was arrested.

If you are going to quote out of context, let me point it out...     The COMMA, not a PERIOD.

He had the placard in his car the night he was arrested, but he didn't have a chance to show the officers who acted quickly when they pulled him over.

And you know why he didn't have a chance to show it?   Because he hit something, then drove away.   Everyone knows that isn't legal...   Again....   When you run, it pisses off the cops.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #119 on: January 29, 2017, 08:34:54 am »

Does the law allow leeway for "pissed off" cops so that they may beat misdemeanor violators without repercussion? Because they had become "pissed off" after a driver backed into their car and forced them to chase him? Several times that has been mentioned and it is irrelevant.

It may be pragmatic advice, but you have no obligation as a citizen to keep cops happy or sedate. They have the obligation to control their emotions and act professionally. Most do. At least they didn't shoot the guy.

onward...through the fog
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org