A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:06:54 pm
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looks like the OHP takes it on the chin yet again.  (Read 125112 times)
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2015, 11:42:19 am »

Whew! according to the article. The Troopers are OK. That's a relief.  Roll Eyes

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2015, 11:56:03 am »

Whew! according to the article. The Troopers are OK. That's a relief.  Roll Eyes

It amazes me the kind of unconditional hero worship that goes on for LEO.  Are most of the outstanding law enforcement officers fine and shining examples of such?  You bet most are.

Leave the executioning to the court system though unless when absolutely certain their lives are in danger.  Too many instances here lately of this happening.  Or, as I've said in the past, now that everyone has a camera on a device they always carry (their smart phones), more of these instances are coming to light.

Not sure, but it sure needs to stop.  And LEO agencies need to stop trying to cover for them even when the evidence isn't in their favor.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2015, 01:28:18 pm »

It amazes me the kind of unconditional hero worship that goes on for LEO.  Are most of the outstanding law enforcement officers fine and shining examples of such?  You bet most are.

Leave the executioning to the court system though unless when absolutely certain their lives are in danger.  Too many instances here lately of this happening.  Or, as I've said in the past, now that everyone has a camera on a device they always carry (their smart phones), more of these instances are coming to light.

Not sure, but it sure needs to stop.  And LEO agencies need to stop trying to cover for them even when the evidence isn't in their favor.

If there is dashcam or bodycam video that exonerates the killing, you would want to publish it right away, and not two weeks later after being "enhanced."

Now, theres also the issue of "can you be forced to be 'rescued' ?"

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2015, 05:16:30 pm »

Whatever you do....Do exactly the opposite of what law enforcement tells you to do........It seems to be working out well for those involved......

The victims fault.. Got it.

Not a good week, considering police shot a hostage in a Coffeyville carjacking just the day before.  Can you say reckless?

OHP delayed contacting the next of kin to buy time, for some reason.  The widow only found out her husband was killed when the brother of the pastor called her from jail.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/05/30/us-usa-police-oklahoma-idUSKBN0OF0W520150530
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2015, 09:33:56 pm »

Wife of man shot by state trooper wants to see dash cam footage
http://www.fox23.com/news/news/local/wife-man-shot-state-trooper-wants-see-dash-cam-foo/nmRkw/

Good luck.  DPS got the Open Records Act changed so they can withhold it as long as they claim there is an investigation.

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #50 on: May 31, 2015, 10:39:43 am »

Its made all the British tabloids.

The troopers said they ordered the brothers to come, but claimed they shot the men for coming towards them.
Then there is the allusory phrase "A weapon was reportedly recovered from the scene" they could have elaborated on but didnt.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #51 on: May 31, 2015, 05:11:03 pm »

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/may/31/oklahoma-pastor-nehemiah-fischer-trooper-shooting-flooding

Now two days after, the OHP is saying the victim had a gun. 
If he had come at them with a gun that would have been the absolute first thing the spokesmen would have shouted from the rooftops.

It looks like they are scouring the dashcam video and releasing peace-meal what they can get away with.

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #52 on: June 01, 2015, 10:41:41 am »

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/may/31/oklahoma-pastor-nehemiah-fischer-trooper-shooting-flooding

Now two days after, the OHP is saying the victim had a gun. 
If he had come at them with a gun that would have been the absolute first thing the spokesmen would have shouted from the rooftops.

It looks like they are scouring the dashcam video and releasing peace-meal what they can get away with.

The dashcam video(s) would reveal the troopers badge number(s) which is a state secret at the moment, but every day they delay the video implies that its off somewhere being "fixed."

The worlds attention turns again to Oklahoma, where the Washington Post reported the victim had a Conceal Carry permit:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/06/01/the-tragic-events-that-led-oklahoma-troopers-to-fatally-shoot-an-assistant-pastor/

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #53 on: June 01, 2015, 11:44:41 am »

The dashcam video(s) would reveal the troopers badge number(s) which is a state secret at the moment, but every day they delay the video implies that its off somewhere being "fixed."

The worlds attention turns again to Oklahoma, where the Washington Post reported the victim had a Conceal Carry permit:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/06/01/the-tragic-events-that-led-oklahoma-troopers-to-fatally-shoot-an-assistant-pastor/

I know it's a small detail, but it's no longer called a Concealed Carry Permit.  It's just called a Handgun License, since Concealed and Open are contained on the same license now.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #54 on: June 01, 2015, 03:57:40 pm »

OHP released a little of the dash cam video. Cop in general talking to both men like an A-Hole and one of them bum rushes him and knocks them out of the camera view. Not sure why he did. But he did.
Should he die for that? probably not. I can't see that the man had any gun or weapon in his hand. But he did attack.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #55 on: June 01, 2015, 05:18:25 pm »

OHP released a little of the dash cam video. Cop in general talking to both men like an A-Hole and one of them bum rushes him and knocks them out of the camera view. Not sure why he did. But he did.
Should he die for that? probably not. I can't see that the man had any gun or weapon in his hand. But he did attack.

Yes, but now the OHP is saying the guy tried to drown the trooper.  Just out of view of the camera.  That's pretty convenient I'd say...

Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #56 on: June 01, 2015, 06:30:55 pm »

OHP released a little of the dash cam video. Cop in general talking to both men like an A-Hole.

Thats was described as "officials Monday stressed that the uniformed troopers worked to de-escalate the situation before they were assaulted."

So now its the Officer Brelo defense:  Since it cant be proven which officer's bullets were fatal, they all get a pass.

Yes, but now the OHP is saying the guy tried to drown the trooper.  Just out of view of the camera.  That's pretty convenient I'd say...

...but there is a second dashcam.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 06:58:21 pm by Vashta Nerada » Logged
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #57 on: June 01, 2015, 06:53:20 pm »

Bum rush cops....It's a great idea.....!!!

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #58 on: June 01, 2015, 07:22:03 pm »

Bum rush cops....It's a great idea.....!!!

But should it be a death sentence?  Seems like more and more lately the dispensation of deadly force is becoming the rule, not the exception.

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #59 on: June 01, 2015, 09:13:07 pm »

But should it be a death sentence?  Seems like more and more lately the dispensation of deadly force is becoming the rule, not the exception.

Get a grip......

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org