A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:30:21 pm
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Marshall's McNellie's Pub Ale in Draft Magazine  (Read 30185 times)
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« on: September 28, 2009, 09:55:04 am »

http://draftmag.com/magazine/articles/65

A kudo's to Eric for a little recognition on your beverage.

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 10:07:22 am »

GD on getting a little more recognition.

Question:  will Marshall's be represented at Oktoberfest?

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2009, 10:10:43 am »

GD on getting a little more recognition.

Question:  will Marshall's be represented at Oktoberfest?

Sorry CF, I should've included all pertinent info.

Tulsa State Fair

Marshall Brewing Co. has been selected to offer Atlas IPA, McNellie’s Pub Ale, and Sundown Wheat at the International Beer Garden in the Tulsa State Fair, October 1-11. This is a tremendous opportunity to showcase our locally brewed beer to fairgoers. Please make plans to attend the Tulsa State Fair and support your local brewery. www.tulsastatefair.com

Oktoberfest

As with the Tulsa State Fair, we are excited about the opportunity to present our beer at Tulsa’s Oktoberfest, October 22-25. Marshall Brewing Co.’s Atlas IPA, Sundown Wheat, and Oktoberfest Lager will all be available on tap in the Sports Tent. www.tulsaoktoberfest.org

Now Available

OKTOBERFEST LAGER

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Break out the lederhosen and get ready for some good old Bavarian Gemütlichkeit...Oklahoma Style. Marshall Brewing Company’s Oktoberfest is a beautiful deep cooper-colored lager highlighted by a complex malt flavor, elegantly balanced by the bittering of noble German hops. This beer is extremely smooth and highly drinkable. Checking in at 6.0% ABV, Oktoberfest is truly a fest bier worth celebrating! (Limited Release Beer)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2009, 11:08:49 am »

They had Sundown Wheat in my MS-150 team's hospitality tent on Saturday night.  Woot-woot!  Been a month, beer is back on the menu.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2009, 11:56:53 am »

I will mix it up between Spaten and Marshall's this year!

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2009, 02:53:00 pm »

I will mix it up between Spaten and Marshall's this year!

Oooh, Spaten Optimator....it drinks like a meal...good stuff though.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Wilbur
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2009, 08:53:23 pm »

I attended my first Great American Beer Festival in Denver this year.  Glad to see Marshall's represented.

How did you guy's do?  Any awards this year?
MarshallBrewing
Citizen

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2009, 09:16:11 am »

No awards this year, but got some great positive feedback from tons of people!  I want to throw out a big congrats to Choc for picking up a Gold for their Signature Dubbel.  If you haven't tried it you should, it is delicious.
brianh
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2009, 11:16:27 am »

I didn't want to start a new thread for one question, and this topic seemed semi-relevant. Can I buy/rent a keg of Marshall's beer anywhere? Preferably Sundown, but others will work too.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2009, 01:08:33 pm »

I didn't want to start a new thread for one question, and this topic seemed semi-relevant. Can I buy/rent a keg of Marshall's beer anywhere? Preferably Sundown, but others will work too.

Collin's Mid-Town Liquor, 17th & Yale in the Target center.  You need to order 2-3 days in advance.  Try Parkhill's also.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
rwarn17588
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2009, 09:03:32 am »

Since Mr. Marshall is peeking in periodically, here's a question for him ...

What's the status of bringing six-packs of Marshall's to market?
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2009, 08:54:59 am »

Another congrats to Eric Marshall for winning the Thirsty Beagle beer championship.

http://blog.newsok.com/thirstybeagle/

I was glad the pub ale went against Fat Tire.  It would've been tough to choose over Guinness.

brianh
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2009, 09:55:05 am »

That has to be rigged, how did pub ale beat out sundown? They really missed out by not trying out pavilion.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2009, 10:30:33 am »

That has to be rigged, how did pub ale beat out sundown? They really missed out by not trying out pavilion.

Really it's different tastes.  A year ago, I'd have told you my Marshall's favorites in order were:

1) Sundown Wheat
2) Pub Ale
3) IPA- (wouldn't even drink the IPA- too hoppy)

Now I order the IPA most frequently (thanks to a well-timed house-warming gift from Carlton Place).  For some reason I don't seem to get the same flavor on the wheat from a keg as I do from the bottle.  I'm wondering if there's some slight sediment in each bottle that settles to the bottom of the keg that we don't get in the Sundown.

Any of them are equally great, just depends on what mood my taste buds are in at the time.

The Marzen and Pilsner are good brews and I did love the Oktoberfest he did this year, but none of those have registered with me quite like his three mainstay brews.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 10:32:25 am by Conan71 » Logged

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2009, 10:54:48 am »

Really it's different tastes.  A year ago, I'd have told you my Marshall's favorites in order were:

1) Sundown Wheat
2) Pub Ale
3) IPA- (wouldn't even drink the IPA- too hoppy)

Now I order the IPA most frequently (thanks to a well-timed house-warming gift from Carlton Place).  For some reason I don't seem to get the same flavor on the wheat from a keg as I do from the bottle.  I'm wondering if there's some slight sediment in each bottle that settles to the bottom of the keg that we don't get in the Sundown.

Any of them are equally great, just depends on what mood my taste buds are in at the time.

The Marzen and Pilsner are good brews and I did love the Oktoberfest he did this year, but none of those have registered with me quite like his three mainstay brews.

I keep wondering what happened to his OPP (calm down, people, that would be Old Pavilion Pilsner).  I still haven't been able to find it.  Maybe I'm not looking in the right place or you can only get it on tap?

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org