A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 04:58:31 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Avalon Closed  (Read 6114 times)
Aa5drvr
« on: September 27, 2009, 05:13:51 pm »

Sign out front said closed due to the economy.  Ill bet thats it.  Why the owners never noticed the declining quality of service and the food Ill never know.

Short and sweet, since they moved, the place sucked.
AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2009, 06:39:36 pm »

Precisely. Went there many MANY times when it was at the old place...once was enough at the new location. Sad.  Sad
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2009, 09:06:42 am »

That's too bad, I used to love the place.  Economy my donkey.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
dbacks fan
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 10:02:47 am »

Is this the Avalon Steak House?
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2009, 10:52:24 am »

Is this the Avalon Steak House?

Yup

They moved from the old speak-easy kind of place to a new building, what two or three years ago and it was never the same.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
dbacks fan
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2009, 11:02:26 am »

Yup

They moved from the old speak-easy kind of place to a new building, what two or three years ago and it was never the same.

Thanks, I thought so. I hear Jamil's is doing well in thier new location, which means when I get back I have one of my favorites to go to. I hear rumor that Rosie's Rib Joint is supposedly reopening some where south of Woodland Hills. Is this just a rumor or is there smoke there? (pun intended)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2009, 12:24:31 pm »

Thanks, I thought so. I hear Jamil's is doing well in thier new location, which means when I get back I have one of my favorites to go to. I hear rumor that Rosie's Rib Joint is supposedly reopening some where south of Woodland Hills. Is this just a rumor or is there smoke there? (pun intended)

I've been to the new Jamils, the food was very good.  It's kind of hard to adjust to a different atmosphere after it was in the old house for so long back west on 51st St., but I'm not complaining.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org