A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:22:38 pm
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ORU development  (Read 21893 times)
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« on: September 23, 2009, 12:51:07 pm »

I was curious, with the announcement of ORU being debt free,

http://www.newson6.com/global/story.asp?s=11183010

would there be new development or maybe alot of catching up on the upkeep?

I realize they've done some fixing of the campus but it could use more.

Anyone have any info?
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 12:55:23 pm »

They are doing a major drainage/landscaping project right now.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 02:43:13 pm »

ORU breaks ground on first building in 30 years

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=330&articleid=20120125_330_0_OralRo241290

Oral Roberts University formally broke ground Wednesday on its first new building in three decades.

The $12.5 million Armand Hammer Alumni-Student Center will be located on vacant land just east of the prayer tower on campus.

“I told the architects I wanted this to be about food, fun and fellowship,” ORU President Mark Rutland told several hundred students, alumni and employees who gathered for the ceremony. “This is a long-time dream coming to pass.”

He said plans to build a student union were discussed years ago, but were set aside until recently.

Rutland said the 28,000-square-foot building is expected to be open by January, 2012.

Jacquie Cardone, who chaired the fundraising drive for the building with her husband, Michael Cardone, said the new building sends a message to the community that “we’re alive and we’re on the move ... Student life here on this campus is a priority."

The drive raised the money to fully fund the project.

Read more from this Tulsa World article at http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=330&articleid=20120125_330_0_OralRo241290
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 02:50:49 pm »

Oh, so Richard's DUI arrest was just a precursor of PR for this project.  It's all perfectly clear now!

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2012, 02:55:48 pm »

I no longer care what they do....I'm fine with anything at 81st and Lewis. The Greens saved this from becoming a white elephant or some extremist taking the place over and making us all look like dopes for another 30 years....
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2012, 02:58:31 pm »

Oh, so Richard's DUI arrest was just a precursor of PR for this project.  It's all perfectly clear now!

Oh yeah.  

"Come to our student center.  We party our asses off here at ORU.  Then we hop in our car with our secret friend, blaze up, and rage through town at 100 mph.  Praise Him."
dsjeffries
City Father

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2012, 03:02:50 pm »

Rutland said the 28,000-square-foot building is expected to be open by January, 2012.

They'd better hurry up with construction; they only have 7 days remaining in January!

@Teatownclown: You really think ORU isn't a giant white elephant full of extremists already?

Change never happened because people were happy with the status quo.
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2012, 03:10:29 pm »

@Teatownclown: You really think ORU isn't a giant white elephant full of extremists already?

Not today. Used to be.

Just glad it's not deep in debt, dilapidated, and dopey....
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2012, 03:36:50 pm »

Oh yeah.  

"Come to our student center.  We party our asses off here at ORU.  Then we hop in our car with our secret friend, blaze up, and rage through town at 100 mph.  Praise Him."

I wonder if Richard is a Juggalo?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2012, 04:01:26 pm »

Wonder what the building will look like?  The campus is home to one of the worlds largest collections of "Furutist" architecture.  Second only to perhaps Brazilia the capital of Brazil.  I hope the new building is either very modern and or has some futurist look to it.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2012, 04:10:17 pm »

Wonder what the building will look like?  The campus is home to one of the worlds largest collections of "Furutist" architecture.  Second only to perhaps Brazilia the capital of Brazil.  I hope the new building is either very modern and or has some futurist look to it.

It's so futuristic we can't see 'em constructing it!

Sorry, I couldn't restrain it any longer...

Cool

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2012, 05:30:24 pm »

Rendering...will be located just east of the Prayer Tower where there is vacant land and a parking lot.

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2012, 05:42:07 pm »

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
bacjz00
Civic Leader

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2012, 10:07:08 pm »

Wait....Armand Hammer?  Really?

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2012, 11:48:39 pm »

Wait....Armand Hammer?  Really?

When I was a kid, I always thought it was Arm and Hammer because of the picture on the box of baking soda.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org