A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 02:17:11 am
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Weather note  (Read 6056 times)
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2009, 01:13:16 pm »

Ponder, very good points.  The obvious problem is enforcement there's simply no way to patrol and fine people for blowing debris in the road way or drains.  I also think other homeowners might be intimidated to rat out a neighbor for doing it.  I seem to be quite fortunate on my block as after six months of owning my house I've not seen anyone blow yard debris into the street.

It's the same here in Meadowood Heights.  I've never seen anyone blow leaves and large debris out into the street.  I mow and I try to use a push broom to get anything in the street that seems excessive and put in my garbage bin.  I don't see alot of people down on my street blowing a lot of yard debris in either, but we sit in a small rise, so further south down the street it gets higher (the water) the more the rain comes.  The area where it gets the highest is the lowest point on the street and that's where the storm drain is located..naturally.

It was a little alarming, since this house is in that square mile between Admiral and 11th; Mingo to Memorial that got hit so hard in the 1984 Memorial Day flood.  Our house was spared by about an inch.  This is also my childhood home.  I was a junior in HS when all this happened.  I remember it like it was yesterday.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Steve
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2009, 02:10:37 pm »

Ponder, very good points.  The obvious problem is enforcement there's simply no way to patrol and fine people for blowing debris in the road way or drains.  I also think other homeowners might be intimidated to rat out a neighbor for doing it.  I seem to be quite fortunate on my block as after six months of owning my house I've not seen anyone blow yard debris into the street.

The neighbors be damned.  I have reported my immediate property neighbors many times for code violations, and I don't care a fig if they know if I was the one that reported it.  In fact, I have a giant slew of new violations to report, which I will do so shortly.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2009, 02:23:22 pm »

The neighbors be damned.  I have reported my immediate property neighbors many times for code violations, and I don't care a fig if they know if I was the one that reported it.  In fact, I have a giant slew of new violations to report, which I will do so shortly.

Maybe so, but for those of us who don't have garages in which to store our two-year old cars the thought of someone puncturing a tire or keying my car worries me, especially with my weirdo neighbors to the north.  I have a bit of a wild brush infestation along my east fence line that I try to get rid of every winter/spring with certain chemicals that are lauded to be safe and do the job.  They never do, and I try different ones.  I wish I could just napalm my yard and start over.  I'm thinking about the 4 gallon container of kerosene I have and wondering if it will do the trick.

Grin

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org