A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:27:13 am
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Arkansas River Master Plan meetings THIS WEEK  (Read 20216 times)
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« on: September 16, 2009, 09:14:07 am »

http://www.newson6.com/global/story.asp?s=11137873

Meetings Planned On Arkansas River Master Plan
Posted: Sep 15, 2009 9:02 PM Updated: Sep 16, 2009 6:17 AM
TULSA, OK -- You have a chance to weigh in on the master plan for the Arkansas River.

Tulsa County Commissioners will hold three meetings over the next couple of days to talk about the plan, including low water dam construction, ecosystem restoration and recreational uses.

This part of the master plan is being paid for by Vision 2025 funds and federal money.

The first meeting will be on Wednesday afternoon at 5:30 at the Jenks City Council Meeting Room.  Thursday, there will be a meeting at the Tulsa Central Library at 1:30 p.m. and at 5:30 p.m. at the Case Community Center in Sand Springs.
waterboy
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2009, 01:24:41 pm »

Not too convenient for midtowners who have a job. Wednesday at 1:30? Or I could drive to Jenks or Sand Springs at 5:30. No thanks.
PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2009, 01:50:30 pm »

I'm having deja vu all over again...

Didn't we do an Arkansas River Master Plan--complete with public meetings and input--a couple years ago?
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2009, 01:53:57 pm »

Not too convenient for midtowners who have a job. Wednesday at 1:30? Or I could drive to Jenks or Sand Springs at 5:30. No thanks.

Ditto, can't make any of them.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2009, 02:13:39 pm »

I'm having deja vu all over again...

Didn't we do an Arkansas River Master Plan--complete with public meetings and input--a couple years ago?

I thought so too, what are they planning to do now? 

YoungTulsan
City Father

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2009, 02:17:37 pm »

Was it the Master Plan you were thinking of, or just plans/proposals surrounding the River Tax and Channels?

PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2009, 02:43:04 pm »

Not the Channels.  I'm talking about the Arkansas River Vision Plan and Arkansas River Corridor Master Plan, etc, etc. ...approved in 2004 by the INCOG Board of Directors, TMAPC, Tulsa City Council, and the Tulsa County Commission as part of the comprehensive plan. 

http://www.incog.org/ark%20river/default.htm
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2009, 02:47:13 pm »

Obviously that's not a REAL plan since it would bar anyone building a park at 41st because a bridge is supposed to go there...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2009, 03:17:34 pm »

I thought so too, what are they planning to do now? 

My mole at INCOG tells me it's got to do with Low water dams.  Tulsa World sez so too.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=16&articleid=20090913_16_A4_TulsaC609945

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
waterboy
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2009, 04:04:26 pm »

I think its just an update as to what is happening with the low water dams. There is funding that has been approved in congress but not appropriated or some such bs. Some v2025 money is being spent for designs etc.

This is not a meeting for much imput from what I read. Just to keep people informed as to what is being done on something they voted down several times but is being done anyway. Wink
ARGUS
Civic Leader

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2009, 11:24:23 am »

Not a fan of damming the river. Yes I do use it. Yes I want to be able to put in at Keystone/Swift and go all the way to where ever I could. The river is alive as it is today.
IF IF these low water dams are built they absolutly must be able to be portaged around easily!
My.02

Vision 2025
Philanthropist

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2009, 12:31:10 pm »

Please make an effort and attend a meeiting.  There is a specific desire and need for public comment.

The meetings have specific goals which include:

Confirmation of what is included in the plan and budget and what is not, there has been much confusion in this area.
Identify for the public where we are in the process, again there has been much confusion here.
Present concepts for many of the options we have heard that areas are interested in having that must be studied for cumulative effects during the likely EIS process.
Begin to introduce the community to the EIS process with these presentations.

Sorry if the times and locations are inconvenient to some but this pretty much follows the methodology utilized in development of the master plan... some day, some evening, multiple locations... except that here all three meetings are the same.

Our intent is to have periodic meetings and presentation, if you miss these there will be more in the future and all of the presentation materials will be available via the web following shortly.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 12:37:01 pm by Vision 2025 » Logged

Vision 2025 Program Director - know the facts, www.Vision2025.info
waterboy
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2009, 01:29:49 pm »

Please make an effort and attend a meeiting.  There is a specific desire and need for public comment.

The meetings have specific goals which include:

Confirmation of what is included in the plan and budget and what is not, there has been much confusion in this area.
Identify for the public where we are in the process, again there has been much confusion here.
Present concepts for many of the options we have heard that areas are interested in having that must be studied for cumulative effects during the likely EIS process.
Begin to introduce the community to the EIS process with these presentations.

Sorry if the times and locations are inconvenient to some but this pretty much follows the methodology utilized in development of the master plan... some day, some evening, multiple locations... except that here all three meetings are the same.

Our intent is to have periodic meetings and presentation, if you miss these there will be more in the future and all of the presentation materials will be available via the web following shortly.

long sigh. If its so important, don't rest on past history of meeting schedules which simply don't work for people who work 9-5 and live in the middle of town. Didn't look like the turnout was real great. It is defensible to do so but the imput you will get is skewed. I like what I saw.
waterboy
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2009, 01:31:06 pm »

Not a fan of damming the river. Yes I do use it. Yes I want to be able to put in at Keystone/Swift and go all the way to where ever I could. The river is alive as it is today.
IF IF these low water dams are built they absolutly must be able to be portaged around easily!
My.02

If? Its just a matter of funding now. Unless you know something I don't.
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2009, 09:22:34 am »

My.02
I think there was talk about building a lake or something in the Arkansas River (or something like that), or it was in one of the plans that got rejected. The new jogging trail is darn nice but all those extra frills like those new light posts that are going in south of the I-44 ramp are very expensive. Each light post must cost a few thousand dollars, the old ones were cheaper and gave off more light. I did a 4- mile run Sunday from the Playground south and noticed all the erosion going on and parts of the riverbank are just a few feet from the new jogging trail- instrad of spending all that money of frills they should first shore up the riverbank and stop the erosion.  I don't know what the RiverBanks Parks people plan to do about that, but something needs to be done.

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org