A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:54:04 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Inhofe says the GOP is in the rebound  (Read 4624 times)
joiei
City Father

« on: April 29, 2009, 04:45:34 pm »

According to an interview on Fox News today Senator Inhofe says that the New Republican party is on the rebound  http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2009/04/inhofe-specters-switch-is-first-visible-evidence-of-gop-comeback.php?ref=fp3
"Now the evidence of this was found out when Arlen Specter made his decision," Inhofe explained. "And that is all of a sudden, we find out that Arlen Specter is down in the Republican Party, down in terms of his popularity. The guy that ran against him and was defeated by Arlen Specter in, six years ago, now is so far ahead of him that Arlen Specter's own advisers said there's no way that you can win this thing unless you change to the Democratic Party. Now to me, that's the evidence it's coming."

Inhofe appears to be thinking here that the state of opinion in the Republican Party is tantamount to the nation's opinion overall. This might be true enough if it's just applied to his home state of Oklahoma. But as we've learned in 2006, 2008 and recent months, this doesn't exactly apply to the whole country.

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
Chicken Little
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 05:23:37 pm »

According to an interview on Fox News today Senator Inhofe says that the New Republican party is on the rebound  http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2009/04/inhofe-specters-switch-is-first-visible-evidence-of-gop-comeback.php?ref=fp3

What say you? Th' Grand Old Party are ascending? Huzzah! Let us regale forthwith!  Gaiety throughout the land!  Huzzah! and Huzzah!

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 06:01:50 pm »

What say you? Th' Grand Old Party are ascending? Huzzah! Let us regale forthwith!  Gaiety throughout the land!  Huzzah! and Huzzah!

C'mon now, you know gaiety and GOP are never mentioned in the same sentence, except by the closeted ones.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
USRufnex
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 07:06:13 pm »

rwarn17588
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2009, 09:29:28 pm »

According to an interview on Fox News today Senator Inhofe says that the New Republican party is on the rebound 

Apparently Baghdad Bob is now the senior senator from Oklahoma.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2009, 10:03:45 pm »

Apparently Baghdad Bob is now the senior senator from Oklahoma.

Oh yeah, with lovely representatives like the moronic Virgina Foxx from North Carolina, who now says that the Matthew Shepard incident was a 'robbery' and 'a hoax', you can be sure the GOP is on the rise.

Come on, bring on that bad karma.  I loves me some karma!

I wonder if this lady is just flat-out lying, or if she's ignorant.  Either way, there is NO excuse for this kind of treatment of someone who was so viciously killed.

Come on Gweed, defend this fellow Republican and lady..if she can even be called either...

Most republicans I know would crucify this lady.

Stay Classy, Rep. Foxx....or something.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZmB4EiQtQI[/youtube]

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2009, 10:46:10 pm »

It is all a conspiracy to pass their agenda of not getting killed.

Foxx is all over it!  Maybe she can drop an x from her name and get some sort of advertising kickback.  I don't understand why people would try to come out with this (whether the attack was a "robbery gone wrong" or not) to try to say that there shouldn't be any "Hate Crime" penalties for attacking gay people?  Just get up there and say there are already laws and move along.

Modified: Apparently the current hate crime law doesn't mention crimes based on sexual orientation.  This is my problem with the Republican party now.  It isn't "it should be up to the States" or it is already illegal.  It is based solely on the fact that it is about gay people and that is all voting against it is about.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 08:07:07 am by Trogdor » Logged
Hawkins
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2009, 01:13:02 am »

Inhofe continues to embarrass Oklahoma.

It will only end people, when we vote him OUT. All of them need to go, and we need to set the example and kick this dinosaur to the door.

joiei
City Father

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2009, 02:20:58 pm »

How come none of us got invited to this little shindig in our esteemed senators honor? 

http://politicalpartytime.org/party/16238/

# When: 2009-09-30 (6 p.m.)
# Where: La Loma
# Type of Event: Margarita Happy Hour
# Contribution Information: $500 PAC; $250 Individual Host; $100 Individual
# Make Checks Payable To: Fund for a Conservative Future - 406 Virginia Ave, Alexandria, VA 22302
# RSVP: Amy Bradley at 703.836.5351 or amyfordbradley@comcast.net
# Distribution Paid for by: Fund for a Conservative Future

How silly of me,  he knew that none of us would cough up that much cash just for a margarita.  A $100 margarita, it darn sure better be good. 

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org