A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:41:47 am
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zorba's Greek Grill  (Read 15347 times)
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2009, 01:10:07 pm »

Schlotzky's still is too, in Broken Arrow.

And 71st and Lewis

I was listing closed downtown lunch joints.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2009, 01:13:57 pm »

Ike's closed when First Presbyterian bought the building on the west side of the street, along with Boston Deli.  I know Boston Deli was doing very well and assume Ike's wasn't doing badly either.  Did Ike's ever re-open another location in Downtown after that?  If that's what you are thinking of then I was unaware.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2009, 01:33:07 pm »

I only knew of Ike's being in the Billy's Pi location, next to the also-closed BBQ place. There is a Boston Deli in First Place tower.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2009, 01:39:11 pm »

I only knew of Ike's being in the Billy's Pi location, next to the also-closed BBQ place. There is a Boston Deli in First Place tower.

I can't place the Billy's Pi location.  Keep in mind, it's been 17 years since I worked Downtown last and kept track of what all there was for lunch down there in the CBD (other than Joe Momma's, of course).

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
dbacks fan
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2009, 01:45:16 pm »

Ike's was on the SW corner of 6th and Boston wasn't it?
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2009, 03:00:18 pm »

Ike's was on the SW corner of 6th and Boston wasn't it?

Right next to Boston Deli between 6th & 7th on the west side of Boston, as I recall.

BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2009, 07:30:18 pm »

map!

The former Ike's Chili (formerly Billies Pi) = NE Corner of 5th and Main
The place is still Ikey.

Edit... there was some deli (forgot the name...) on Boston between 7th & 8th.  In some churches "Community Life" building or somesuch.  Definitely not Ike's or near Ikes..
Or there was Nelson's..  between 5th & 6th on Boston...
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 07:40:35 pm by BKDotCom » Logged
Oil Capital
City Father

« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2009, 07:39:04 pm »

map!

Ike's Chili (formerly Billies Pi) = NE Corner of 5th and Main
The place is stilly Ikey.

That would be the Southeast corner, not northeast corner.  And, while the signage is still in the windows, Ike's has been closed for several years.  (I think it was open less than 1 year at this location)

BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2009, 07:41:52 pm »

That would be the Southeast corner, not northeast corner.
  You mean north doesn't follow the direction you're looking?
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2009, 09:23:55 pm »

You mean north doesn't follow the direction you're looking?
It will if you have the proper magnetic personality properties.

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2009, 02:13:20 pm »

Have a menu

* IMG_2005.JPG (1178.86 KB - downloaded 520 times.)
PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2009, 03:11:38 pm »

Is the recumbent bike shop still in business (Recumbents of Okla)?  Nice guy owned the place downtown (now Zorbas), hope he's still around somewhere.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2009, 04:19:34 pm »

Is the recumbent bike shop still in business (Recumbents of Okla)?  Nice guy owned the place downtown (now Zorbas), hope he's still around somewhere.

His hours kept getting shorter and shorter. My bet is that he moved it to his house or somewhere he could just work part time.
TheTed
City Father

« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2009, 04:24:06 pm »

His hours kept getting shorter and shorter. My bet is that he moved it to his house or somewhere he could just work part time.
It always seemed odd to me that a recumbent store was downtown. The market for people who want recumbents and recumbent parts is so miniscule that you could locate anywhere and they would come to you. It's not like people walking by in downtown are gonna buy a recumbent because of the location. You could put that place in the cheapest piece of real estate in town.

godboko71
Philanthropist

« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2009, 05:20:14 pm »

Recumbents of Oklahoma moved to Sand Springs.

204 N McKinley, Sand Springs

918-514-4630

Always call first, Roo (the older gentleman who runs it) keeps odd hours. Still has the best prices in town (including assembly charges some have it cheaper if you get it not assembled but charge much more to assemble it.) for Recumbent Bicycles, and about the only place that has them in stock. Always makes sure the bicycle fits the person and there needs.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 05:22:06 pm by godboko71 » Logged

Thank you,
Robert Town
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org