A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:33:10 am
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tulsa Asian  (Read 12987 times)
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2009, 08:49:43 am »

Mmmmm Bulgogi, haven't had a good one since Ft. Bragg (Fayetteville) and when I was stationed in S. Korea.
I took a crack at cooking Bulgogi last week. Turned out awesome. The marinade process took a day, but well worth it.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2009, 09:25:14 am »

There is a new Chinese restaurant on 21st between Memorial and Mingo. It is in the old TacoTico and is now called Kung Fu Kitchen. It is fast food but still pretty good.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Cherish
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2009, 03:47:17 pm »

I've gone to Sushi California (off of 71st) twice since I've moved here and I must admit it's pretty good.  I walk to it as it is only across the street for me next sushi place I'll hit up will be Haruno (71st & Memorial), I might go there on Friday or Saturday since the website looks pretty decent.
Patrick
Activist

« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2009, 02:14:36 pm »

So..... where does everybody go to get their Pho fix?
Cherish
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2009, 02:49:20 pm »

Haruno had a fire in the kitchen so there remodeling the inside again so it's closed for now.  I went to Asahi and um...Sushi California blew Asahi out the azz!!! Wow had 2 different rolls there and was NOT impressed.  One of the rolls was not even tightly packed so every time I would pick it up everything was falling out of it, that's a bad sign of a chef who can't roll. Which is one of the BASICS of eating a hand roll, wow! The chopsticks were the commercial ones that come out of the paper packaging.  Sushi California has REAL chopsticks the authentic kind, look like cherry wood with designs on it.  Sorry but I think I will stick to Sushi California and will NOT go to Asahi again.  I am a stickler for Sushi as I have lived in S. Korea for a year and get great Sushi on the East Coast.  Definitely try Sushi California the next time you want to try Asahi. 
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2009, 10:24:01 pm »

Asahi only got one shot with me.  Ghack!  I know people who rave about it, I'm not impressed.

Sushi on my younger daughter's birthday has become a tradition.  Tonight (sweet 16) we tried Flying Fish based on positive comments on this forum.  I liked it very well, did not miss the high-energy industrial music at ITR, and we had some really good sushi.

The only roll that I'd call average was the spider.  On our table we had Double-Double, JZ, Sunshine, Huy, Sake Sashimi, Super Dave, etc.

I thought the food was outstanding, service excellent.  Including tip seven of us ate for about $23 each.  No one had liquor, beer, or wine, so that always helps the average.

They have many non-sushi entrees as well.  I did try some Yakitori as an appetizer and liked it.

Overall good experience.  I wish it were closer to mid town.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Bat Bat
Activist

Holy haberdashery, Batman!

« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2009, 07:21:37 pm »

If I'm not worried about money and I'm near Brookside, KEO all the way baby!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org