A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:59:16 pm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Wal-Mart  (Read 18029 times)
Kashmir
Civic Leader

"My name is Talking Tina and I think I hate you"

« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2009, 02:54:22 pm »

Why no, feel free to share.

I know an Arby's is almost open, Academy is supposedly coming and JC Penney on hold. I have also heard rumors of a "Toys R Us Superstore" but no confirmation as of yet.

OMG no.  That would be bad for me, bad for Christmas, bad for Tulsa.  I HATE Toys R Us soooooo much!
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2009, 02:58:11 pm »

I HATE Toys R Us soooooo much!
If I didn't have to drive all the way across town to get to one, I'd probably buy all my video games there. They're constantly running some kind of deal. Usually a $10-$15 gift card when you buy whatever new release. Not worth the drive for me, though. Since best buy gives me almost 10% back on video games and they're much closer, I just buy them there.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
FOTD
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2009, 03:07:06 pm »

Forget Toys...they are down to mall vacancy spots... lucky they aren't belly up.

And Penny's ain't happening....

Sam's is going south of Target and there's rumors of southern Ag. there too....

Composer
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2009, 03:46:27 pm »

Accidentally deleted my last post.  So the new Walmart held its Grand Opening today in eastern Broken Arrow. 

It is at 3900 E. Hillside Drive.  Developed by the same developer as the Glenpool Walmart (Tapp Development).

It would be great to see a Sam's Club in the Tulsa Hills area!
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2009, 09:14:48 am »

OMG no.  That would be bad for me, bad for Christmas, bad for Tulsa.  I HATE Toys R Us soooooo much!

Spoken like a true parent.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2009, 09:15:53 am »

Forget Toys...they are down to mall vacancy spots... lucky they aren't belly up.

And Penny's ain't happening....

Sam's is going south of Target and there's rumors of southern Ag. there too....

Toys R Us just opened a new on in OKC. They have been on the upswing in recent years. You do realize they are the ONLY retailer surviving in the eastland mall area?
FOTD
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2009, 09:26:53 am »

Scott,

Are you arguing with me?
Composer
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2009, 03:58:20 pm »

I talked with a guy in the Real Estate department at Toys and they are well aware of the changing demographics in the former Eastland area.  But there is really no place for them to relocate in the eastern side of the city without Cannibalizing their 71st and Memorial location. 
vawpeant73
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2009, 06:54:37 am »

Nah there not many open across the UK..but yeah Wal-mart bought out Asda ages ago..i remember the hoo-hah thatoccured when they opened the first wal-mart in the UK..they thought it would be the end of the corner shop.but nothing can take those asians and their corner shops down
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2009, 10:07:27 am »

Nah there not many open across the UK..but yeah Wal-mart bought out Asda ages ago..i remember the hoo-hah thatoccured when they opened the first wal-mart in the UK..they thought it would be the end of the corner shop.but nothing can take those asians and their corner shops down

Hmmm, that was interesting.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Skip Towne
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2010, 08:40:32 am »

I like to use Dollar General instead.  I don't like to have to get all dressed up to go to Wal-Mart.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2010, 01:26:42 pm »

Well after Eight Months I have yet to see anymore progress going on around the new Creek Turnpike Wal-Mart on E 71st in B.A.
Any new news as to what else is going to fill that empty field. Cause the ol build it and they will come, just doesnt seem to apply at this time.
The store is always under shopped and under staffed. And that crazy lay out has to be contributing to the slow acceptance to the new location..
I just hope that it doesnt end up like the one sitting empty a half mile to the West.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2010, 01:31:03 pm »

Well after Eight Months I have yet to see anymore progress going on around the new Creek Turnpike Wal-Mart on E 71st in B.A.
Any new news as to what else is going to fill that empty field. Cause the ol build it and they will come, just doesnt seem to apply at this time.
The store is always under shopped and under staffed. And that crazy lay out has to be contributing to the slow acceptance to the new location..
I just hope that it doesnt end up like the one sitting empty a half mile to the West.

I really dig the pile of mosquito breeding tires out front in the dump...field.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org