A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:05:18 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Campus Grill?  (Read 9338 times)
Trent
« on: August 31, 2009, 10:09:33 am »

I've noticed that the Campus Grill across from TU is now open. Has anyone tried it yet? It looked pretty busy on Saturday.

I'm still upset that the Collective is gone. It was a perfect go to place since I live right in that neighborhood. I really liked their food as well.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 01:09:52 pm »

More discussion on this is at http://www.tulsanow.org/forum/index.php?topic=13435.0

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 02:06:24 pm »

I ate there for lunch today with my wife.

They have setup a rectangular lunch counter on the diner side of it.  Fairly mundane decoration in my quick look-see.  Some neat old pictures of Tulsa and some TU stuff.  A few flat panel TV's around.  The bar side has a huge black chalk board covering most of one wall (on which I wrote my TU v. Tulane score prediction) and otherwise nothing that stuck out.  For beer they currently only have low-point but are working on their liquor license.  Just did a quick once through, so I may have missed some neat things. We ate outside where they have a few picnic tables and umbrellas. 

The menu has 6 or 7 different sandwiches, burgers, and items you'd general expect at a diner.  The menu also includes all day breakfast items.  The full menu was a sheet of paper front and back - so plenty large.

I had a bacon cheeseburger and a Pepsi.   The cheeseburger was plenty big, cooked medium (they didn't ask) and is served plain unless you specify otherwise.  It was what one would expect from a top notch home-grill, about 1/3 pound probably.  Served with fries that had some seasoning on them, which were mighty tasty.  My meal was a solid B.  Better than fast food for sure, but not gourmet.

My wife had a hot southwestern chicken sandwich with fries.  Again, it was good but nothing amazing.  We'll wonder back from time to time and certainly before TU games.  Worth a try and worth going to on occasion, but it probably won't be on on my list of places to regularly go out of my way and eat.

In total with tip we spent under $25.  Not too bad for 2 people lunch at a sit down place, but not a bargain either. 

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
wildgoose
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 02:26:54 pm »

Saw it was open and went in today and was totally floored to find Brookside By Day.  Exact same menu, even some familiar faces behind the bar. 

So it just begs the question, Why spend years and years building one of the best breakfast reputations in Tulsa and not lend its name to the new restaurant???  ie...BBD rt 66, BBD3, BBDTU, BBDon11th....it goes on and on.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2009, 02:48:01 pm »

CF's review is the same one I'd give to BBD: Good not great, won't go out of my way to get there.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2009, 02:54:18 pm »

So what are their hours?

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Trent
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2009, 02:46:24 pm »

Went there today. The food was good not great. I will keep it in mind but won't be a fan like I was of the Collective.

What BBD does well is standard fare for a fair price which I can respect. I'm not expecting fine dining from them so I wasn't disappointed.
cjmcinty
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2009, 06:03:18 am »

liked the homemade salt and vinegar potato chips.
ARGUS
Civic Leader

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2009, 08:29:32 am »

Took a couple of friends to breakfast @ BBD on Peoria Saturday...I cant go back...the place is FILTHY! Someone call the health dept! Tables are yuk, carpet is trash,bathrooms are Mexico bad. Whats up w/ that?

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2009, 08:46:49 am »

Took a couple of friends to breakfast @ BBD on Peoria Saturday...I cant go back...the place is FILTHY! Someone call the health dept! Tables are yuk, carpet is trash,bathrooms are Mexico bad. Whats up w/ that?

It's spelled c-h-a-r-m.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2009, 09:19:18 am »

Tulsa County Health Dept. 582-9355

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2009, 09:56:48 am »

Tulsa County Health Dept. 582-9355

As of September 16th they passed.  "Compliant"

http://tulsa.ok.gegov.com/_templates/125/Food%20Inspection/_report_full.cfm?ispub=1&inspectionID=95219&parentTableName=tblInspection&dsn=DHD_125&domainid=125
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2009, 11:07:07 am »

Don't drink soda or ice water:

"Restrictor plates in ice machines dirty along bottom."   Shocked

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
orion
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2009, 09:57:12 am »

anybody see the review in Urban Tulsa of Campus Grill..mmmmm over priced heat and serve...cook appears to admitted that their food comes from a vendor as they can't match consistency...Looks like someone should be hiring a real Chef..I guess that cat was at Stone Horse before....
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2009, 11:14:45 am »

They tried to make bannana nut bread one time....It was awful....

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org