A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:41:07 am
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 97 Billion more for clunkers needed  (Read 14926 times)
shadows
City Father

« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2009, 04:07:46 pm »

Thanks, but I think I'd rather use as a source the U.S. Census bureau and its fairly scientific estimations for percentages of people at or below the poverty level, than someone who uses half-addled assumptions and freaky biases and who can't even communicate in clear English half the time.

But that's just me.
I have not used “poverty” in any estimates.  It is quite evident that your biases overshadow the hundreds of surveys that are available.  Government surveys have a tendency to lean sometimes to the advantage of those in power.  In today news are the ones that suggest that we are slowly coming out of the recession while another suggest that we will increase the national debt another 7 trillion dollars in the next decade.  This could increase the peoples obligation to some 17 trillion dollars.  Divide that by the population and see if the bureaucracy comes up the same figure per citizen you are obligated for.  The conditions exist today that existed in 1929.  The stock market was liken the rollercoaster where those playing it could buy stock one day and sell it the next day for a profit. Then one day there was a call of hands.  Banks closed not having the FDIC, which is on road of bankruptcy today and poverty grew as the depositor lined up outside the banks asking for their money they never was to get.  GI 10K bonds are being sold today, as a matter of protocol for the low interest rates.  Having been through this once I don’t believe it needs to be written on the wall by government, who’s just powers are derived from the people, do have the tendency to pad the facts in their favor.

Shakespeare, Translators of the Bible, and myself seem to have trouble correlating our thoughts in the English language. 
Accept my apology, please. 

Today we stand in ecstasy and view that we build today’
Tomorrow we will enter into the plea to have it torn away.
shadows
City Father

« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2009, 07:59:30 am »

There is good news coming out about the clunkers.  Seems the majority of those turned in were trucks.   The $1,000 priced farm trucks that were insured by a ridicules low liability schedule made it possible for many of the food producers to buy new trucks.  These gas guzzlers are removed from the roads that they were on possible twice a month.  It was a win win situation for our food producers who can sell the new trucks and buy back one of the obsolete trucks discarded by industry.   These mom and pop farm operations are the backbone to our food supply and this will help them.

Notice that the top four rebates were for foreign designed vehicles .

What can we use the stimulus money for before the presses wear out?

Do you think that other nation will demand payments in our hoard of Gold bars in the future?

Today we stand in ecstasy and view that we build today’
Tomorrow we will enter into the plea to have it torn away.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org