A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:49:36 pm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: McCartney  (Read 11426 times)
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2009, 12:17:33 pm »

After seeing youtube videos of other shows there was a horrible echo in the BOK center.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2009, 12:45:27 pm »

After seeing youtube videos of other shows there was a horrible echo in the BOK center.

I didn't get that impression.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
rwarn17588
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2009, 01:52:37 pm »

I didn't get that impression.

Me neither. In fact, the BOK Center's acoustics are better than any arena I've been to. Faint praise, I know, but big arenas generally aren't known for sound quality.
FOTD
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2009, 02:20:33 pm »

Me neither. In fact, the BOK Center's acoustics are better than any arena I've been to. Faint praise, I know, but big arenas generally aren't known for sound quality.

It depends on the sound engineer and system set up for each act.

Best sound seems to be on the sides at BOK.

The sound for McCaCa was spot on....the echoes on YouTube are picked up and replayed on a lousy sound card in a phone or a camera.

Heard the sound in Dallas was horrible....when it filled up with people after the sound check the acoustics changed causing Sir Paul to look confused over all the echoes coming from the upper unoccupied areas.

rwarn17588
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2009, 04:13:55 pm »

It depends on the sound engineer and system set up for each act.

Best sound seems to be on the sides at BOK.

The sound for McCaCa was spot on....the echoes on YouTube are picked up and replayed on a lousy sound card in a phone or a camera.

Heard the sound in Dallas was horrible....when it filled up with people after the sound check the acoustics changed causing Sir Paul to look confused over all the echoes coming from the upper unoccupied areas.

Interesting.

Because the sound was good, this may have been why the Tulsa gig was a choice show of McCartney's current tour and maybe one of the best of his solo career.

(I know, I know ... but I checked a Macca fan board after the show, and quite a few longtime fans said the Tulsa gig was the best they'd ever seen from him.)

It seemed like the band was really locked in, and maybe it's because they could hear themselves and the audience's responses really well.
FOTD
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2009, 08:24:15 pm »

Interesting.

Because the sound was good, this may have been why the Tulsa gig was a choice show of McCartney's current tour and maybe one of the best of his solo career.

(I know, I know ... but I checked a Macca fan board after the show, and quite a few longtime fans said the Tulsa gig was the best they'd ever seen from him.)

It seemed like the band was really locked in, and maybe it's because they could hear themselves and the audience's responses really well.

Absolutely....you could feel the interaction between the band and the crowd....they fed off each other. That's what rock and roll is all about. It's the feel a concert goer yearns for! Bad sound interrupts that chemistry as does a lousy audience or a poor performance.

~~We need magic, and bliss, and power, myth, and celebration and religion in our lives, and music is a good way to encapsulate a lot of it. "
-- Jerry Garcia
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org