A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:08:30 pm
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone BUT Anna Falling for Mayor  (Read 31155 times)
FOTD
« Reply #60 on: August 17, 2009, 11:49:19 pm »

Of all the things to describe you, "credible" is not one of them.

Wait and we will see....

That's your opinion taking an FOTD comment out of context and off another thread. Late night drinking games?

custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #61 on: August 27, 2009, 01:25:22 pm »

At least she's not this guy

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54THlQKD5e0[/youtube]
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #62 on: August 27, 2009, 01:51:41 pm »

Might as well be.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #63 on: August 27, 2009, 02:13:30 pm »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54THlQKD5e0[/youtube]

That's got to be a Dan Aykroyd skit.  Sounds just like him when Dan is putting on the Chicago dialect.

"We're on a mission from Gahd".

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #64 on: August 27, 2009, 02:18:52 pm »

I actually kinda like how his voice goes all mechanical at times, very cool.

Also, his grasp of the issues facing his city seems more grounded than Anna’s, murder and litter are far more substantial issues than secular humanist zoo exhibits and her “adopt a cop” program. I think his platform, while bat sh!t crazy, is actually more relevant than hers.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #65 on: August 27, 2009, 02:21:35 pm »

I actually kinda like how his voice goes all mechanical at times, very cool.

Also, his grasp of the issues facing his city seems more grounded than Anna’s, murder and litter are far more substantial issues than secular humanist zoo exhibits and her “adopt a cop” program. I think his platform, while bat sh!t crazy, is actually more relevant than hers.

Yeah, but he looks just like one of those creepy church elder types that dismembers little kids and deposits them under the floorboards of his house.  Total creeper here.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #66 on: August 27, 2009, 02:34:08 pm »

That's got to be a Dan Aykroyd skit.  Sounds just like him when Dan is putting on the Chicago dialect.

"We're on a mission from Gahd".

Ah good, I wasn't the onoly one to think that
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #67 on: August 27, 2009, 03:03:11 pm »

Yeah, but he looks just like one of those creepy church elder types that dismembers little kids and deposits them under the floorboards of his house.  Total creeper here.

You have no proof that he’s hacked children into little pieces and buried them under his house, just like I have no proof that Anna Falling is going to get you and that little dog too.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #68 on: August 27, 2009, 03:11:48 pm »

You have no proof that he’s hacked children into little pieces and buried them under his house, just like I have no proof that Anna Falling is going to get you and that little dog too.

No way, Conan's little dog would use his bug-eyed Kung Fu on her crazy tucus.
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #69 on: August 27, 2009, 03:21:57 pm »

No way, Conan's little dog would use his bug-eyed Kung Fu on her crazy tucus.
The little dog's bug-eyed kung fu is strong, but not as strong as her bug-eyed kung fu

[
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #70 on: August 27, 2009, 03:32:10 pm »

There's some bug-eye crazy there, but Butch is up to it

* HPIM0723.JPG (160.05 KB - downloaded 412 times.)

custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #71 on: August 27, 2009, 04:05:55 pm »

My GF says that she votes for Butch
MichaelBates
« Reply #72 on: August 27, 2009, 11:10:18 pm »

What does he have against definite article? Is some sort "Knights who say Ni!" thing?
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #73 on: August 28, 2009, 07:46:55 am »

What does he have against definite article? Is some sort "Knights who say Ni!" thing?

I always found it interesting in high school to listen to recordings in Old English. You could discover why some words were spelled the way they were. The word "Knight" was pronounced   "K nick t", empasis on the K sound and the t sounding like tu as in tuff. Originally the K sound was not silent. There was no K in the word actually, but when the word was written down in later years, they added the K to reflect how it was pronounced. Then in later years still, the sounds changed and the K became silent.  "The Green Knight" sounded something like "T H (the H wasnt silent either) Grin   K nick t ).  If I recall correctly, its been a while since high school lol.

Sorry for the thread jack.  Just an interesting tidbit for us nerds lol.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
MichaelBates
« Reply #74 on: August 28, 2009, 07:59:22 am »

I always found it interesting in high school to listen to recordings in Old English. You could discover why some words were spelled the way they were. The word "Knight" was pronounced   "K nick t", empasis on the K sound and the t sounding like tu as in tuff. Originally the K sound was not silent. There was no K in the word actually, but when the word was written down in later years, they added the K to reflect how it was pronounced. Then in later years still, the sounds changed and the K became silent.  "The Green Knight" sounded something like "T H (the H wasnt silent either) Grin   K nick t ).  If I recall correctly, its been a while since high school lol.

Sorry for the thread jack.  Just an interesting tidbit for us nerds lol.

So the French knight was correct: "I blow my nose at you, so-called 'Arthur King,' you and all your silly English K-nickets."
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org