A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:27:41 pm
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone BUT Anna Falling for Mayor  (Read 31134 times)
canester2002
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2009, 12:44:28 pm »

Hello... long time lurker, first time poster yada yada yada....

Just wanted to mention that this is the most active story on Fark today with nearly 400 comments.   

http://www.fark.com/cgi/comments.pl?IDLink=4569354&cpp=1
FOTD
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2009, 01:12:45 pm »

Hello... long time lurker, first time poster yada yada yada....

Just wanted to mention that this is the most active story on Fark today with nearly 400 comments.   

http://www.fark.com/cgi/comments.pl?IDLink=4569354&cpp=1

California Nester? Better watch out on these boards...the posters don't like your type...but great link! Thanx!

Maybe a TNF poster or two will see how goofy we all look to others because of our politicians....
TURobY
Social Butterfly
City Father

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2009, 01:15:14 pm »

Yeah, I've been following the Fark post throughout the day, trying to dispell certain fallacies about Tulsa when I can. I'd encourage others to do the same if you notice any outright lies (such as the headline being about her winning).

---Robert
buckeye
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2009, 01:21:17 pm »

...trying to dispell certain fallacies about Tulsa when I can.
Housekeeping in "the SomethingAwful Forums' annoying little brother"?  Quixotic at best, but God bless you for trying!
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2009, 01:25:43 pm »

Yeah, I've been following the Fark post throughout the day, trying to dispell certain fallacies about Tulsa when I can. I'd encourage others to do the same if you notice any outright lies (such as the headline being about her winning).

Ha!  I now know your Fark ID.  I thought to myself "thank God someone pointed that out." 

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
TURobY
Social Butterfly
City Father

« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2009, 01:29:16 pm »

Ha!  I now know your Fark ID.  I thought to myself "thank God someone pointed that out." 
You mean that you know more than one Robert in Tulsa?  Tongue

---Robert
shadows
City Father

« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2009, 01:51:45 pm »

CF:  From the very earliest of those entombed in the great pyramids the journey across the heavens to secure the promise of extension of this organism which host the soul has been a constant search for the solution to whether there exist a hereafter.    The Bible is an history of the gathering of the sheep herders of the Jewish species into a nation encouraged by the books of Moses.  As you are aware in the books of acts of Jesus he said he was a Jew.   Seems he also told the woman that he was the Messiah but the tribes of David rebuked him.

Evolution is the most simple explanation in lieu of all religion because life seems to be of a single design which its changes are noted in the rungs distorted in the genetic spiral and recorded in the DNA of all species.   The human mind cannot comprehend what exist beyond the last solar system of the estimated three trillion solar systems like ours.  Such an event is not covered either by creation nor evolution as the mass involved exceeds the capability of reasoning of the human mind.   We have invested billions of dollars in a telescope that cannot define the other limits.  Then we are also affixed to this planet, who major surface is covered with water that is the needed factor for the life form of the host for the soul.  We have been unable to find any solar system outside our own with such mass of water.

The introducing into the political elections, religion should be a cosponsored evaluation to evolution as Darwin’s theories are not without sustain proof gathered from many areas on this mystery planet with many life forms whereas the theories of Darwin have more sustained proof than the books of Moses.   

Today we stand in ecstasy and view that we build today’
Tomorrow we will enter into the plea to have it torn away.
Danny
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2009, 02:42:52 pm »

let me guess, I bet she wants the exhibit right next to the chimpanzee exhibit.
Irony huh?
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2009, 03:22:12 pm »

Friendly Bear is wrong. If anything, she takes traditional republican votes away from Bartlett and helps Medlock win with his disgruntled percentage.

Secondly, the Tulsa Zoo is an award winner for it's breeding programs. What's next, an abstinence campaign?

Power is nothing till you use it.
Friendly Bear
City Father

« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2009, 03:59:04 pm »

Friendly Bear is wrong. If anything, she takes traditional republican votes away from Bartlett and helps Medlock win with his disgruntled percentage.Secondly, the Tulsa Zoo is an award winner for it's breeding programs. What's next, an abstinence campaign?
RecycleMichael is wrong.

Both Anna Falling and Chris Medlock have a strong core of support among the Christian Evangelical/Conservative Christian base.  That base could, based on straight "party" voting of their huge local numbers, if that base wanted, win every elected office in Tulsa. 

Permanently.

Surprisingly, that has not yet happened.

Wonder why? 

Although Falling hails from Midtown, she's not the long-haired, ex-hippy secular liberal draft-dodging RINO personified by Dewey, Jr.

Oh, his campaign hirelings told him to get a "conservative" haircut for the next few weeks?

Sorry; my mistake.  He is now trying to appear to be a "conservative" because he has had a conservative haircut for a month. 

Sans ponytail, temporarily.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 04:10:14 pm by Friendly Bear » Logged
rwarn17588
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2009, 04:13:12 pm »

^ As usual, everything's a conspiracy.  Roll Eyes
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2009, 06:28:09 pm »

Friendly Bear...

We know you only post when Medlock is in the news. Your attempt to help him by using this forum to write baseless attacks on any opponent of his is feeble and transparent.

Your anonymous and wrong postings help ruin this forum of any substantial conversation about the people running for office.

I certainly hope that the moderators come back to their senses and ban you again before you are successful in destroying every political conversation.

Power is nothing till you use it.
tim huntzinger
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2009, 06:31:22 am »

Friendly Bear...

We know you only post when Medlock is in the news. Your attempt to help him by using this forum to write baseless attacks on any opponent of his is feeble and transparent.

Your anonymous and wrong postings help ruin this forum of any substantial conversation about the people running for office.

I certainly hope that the moderators come back to their senses and ban you again before you are successful in destroying every political conversation.

You know I have much love 4 u, but what is with your obsession with banning and who has been banned and who deserves to be banned?  What did FB say that was so offensive?  He clearly has the skinny on Bartlett - a refrain I have heard before.  Thought you would be happy to have another weakened Republifraud in the race.

All this name-calling, off-topic conversation, what is wrong with you people?
TURobY
Social Butterfly
City Father

« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2009, 06:53:19 am »

You know I have much love 4 u, but what is with your obsession with banning and who has been banned and who deserves to be banned?  What did FB say that was so offensive?

FB has been banned before about a year ago. I believe (but can't fully remember) it was due to anti-semitic remarks against George Kaiser.

---Robert
tim huntzinger
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2009, 07:07:52 am »

FB has been banned before about a year ago. I believe (but can't fully remember) it was due to anti-semitic remarks against George Kaiser.

Anti-semitic?  Why are Jews given special treatment?  We have a cop on this board using anti-woman language (calling a senator a 'b*tcch'), insults based on anti-womyn sentiment (dude, 'c*ntry) and no one even objects.  Discriminatory, inflammatory language used to deride people with disabilities is common.  So what makes what FB said IN THIS THREAD so bad?

In terms of Falling I am getting like so on her bandwagon and am going to support her 150%.  Money.  Signs.  The works.  Anything to help.  I hope she beats Medlock in votes but sure looks like ol' Blue Blood will get the GOP primary.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org