A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 09:20:27 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shocker: Billy Mays Was Into Coke  (Read 1616 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« on: August 07, 2009, 09:21:13 pm »

Anyone else shocked that the ME has determined that cocaine usage may have contributed to Billy Mays death?  I figured he was a tweaker.  Lay off the coke and you won't need drugs like alprazolam and diazapine (xanax & valuum), most likely.

Sounds like there could be a fight between the family and the ME.  Apparently, reporting your loved ones death is attributed to cocaine (in part) is a soft spot for some families. 

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hgD7fmgR6M4BDoANnCi4eq6xwo9QD99UD8HG0

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Wrinkle
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 10:29:01 pm »

The report I read stated that the results indicated he had used cocaine "within days" of his death. How that gets to be a contributing cause is unknown to me.

Not that its' use should be any more accepted, but the headlines do not appear to be accurate, lean to sensational.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2009, 11:41:03 pm »

The report I read stated that the results indicated he had used cocaine "within days" of his death. How that gets to be a contributing cause is unknown to me.

Not that its' use should be any more accepted, but the headlines do not appear to be accurate, lean to sensational.

Because cocaine is inherently a super-stimulant and is not very good on the heart at all.  I had a friend who nearly died that way, although he was much younger.  Mays also had heart disease, which was likely exacerbated by the cocaine use.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
FOTD
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2009, 12:12:15 am »

Anyone else shocked that the ME has determined that cocaine usage may have contributed to Billy Mays death?  I figured he was a tweaker.  Lay off the coke and you won't need drugs like alprazolam and diazapine (xanax & valuum), most likely.

Sounds like there could be a fight between the family and the ME.  Apparently, reporting your loved ones death is attributed to cocaine (in part) is a soft spot for some families. 

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hgD7fmgR6M4BDoANnCi4eq6xwo9QD99UD8HG0

You left out alcohol you schmoe.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/schmoe
schmo or schmoe also shmo  (shm)
n. pl. schmoes also shmoes Slang
A stupid or obnoxious person.

* picofconan.jpg (18.94 KB - downloaded 171 times.)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 12:15:14 am by FOTD » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org