A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 08:14:14 am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Women marries amusement park ride  (Read 6141 times)
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« on: August 05, 2009, 10:12:45 am »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/5972632/Woman-getting-married-to-fairground-ride.html

Woman getting married to fairground ride

Amy Wolfe, a US church organist who claims to have objectum sexuality, a condition that makes sufferers attracted to inanimate objects, plans to marry a magic carpet fairground ride.

By Sasjkia Otto
Published: 05 Aug 2009

This follows a "courtship" of 3,000 rides over ten years with the 80ft gondola ride called 1001 Nachts.

Miss Wolfe, 33, from Pennsylvania, will change her surname to Weber after the manufacturer of the ride she travels 160 miles to visit 10 times per year, according to reports. Miss Wolfe first fell for the ride when she was 13: “I was instantly attracted to him sexually and mentally.

“I wasn’t freaked out, as it just felt so natural, but I didn’t tell anyone about it because I knew it wasn’t ‘normal’ to have feelings for a fairground ride.”

Ten years later, she decided to go back to Knoebels Amusement Park to declare her love. She now sleeps with a picture of the ride on her ceiling and carries its spare nuts and bolts around to feel closer to it. She claims to believe they share a fulfilling physical and spiritual relationship and does not get jealous when other people ride it.

Although she faces discrimination from employers, most of her family and friends have been supportive. “I’m not hurting anyone and I can’t help it," she said. "It’s a part of who I am.”

Power is nothing till you use it.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2009, 10:47:56 am »

So will the ride pay for the honeymoon?

Did she hold a funeral for Zingo?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 10:52:22 am by Townsend » Logged
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2009, 01:21:04 pm »

Those surprised by this story never watched the series "Boston Legal"
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2009, 01:44:54 pm »

So will the ride pay for the honeymoon?

Did she hold a funeral for Zingo?

Damn You.... Grin

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2009, 02:27:05 pm »

Damn You.... Grin

FTW
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2009, 03:31:44 pm »

Ya see!  Ya see!  The fundies were right!  This is what happens when you have that thin end of the wedge - same sex marriages.  next thing you know, cats and dogs are living together, women marry amusement park rides, and maybe, just maybe, I'll bump into my ex-wife.  Who knows what could happen!

It the end of the world!  Or something like that.....

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2009, 06:32:25 pm »

You just know that a hurricane or earthquake is in the offing right quick like as a result of this. tsk tsk

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2009, 07:56:53 am »

If we let people marry amusement park rides, the next thing you know people will want to marry the same sex.  Then the world will really fall apart.  Gays are the biggest threat to America you know.   Wink

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2009, 08:10:01 am »

You just know that a hurricane or earthquake is in the offing right quick like as a result of this. tsk tsk

We need more information on time frame.  There was the earthquake in Baja, CA earlier in the week.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2009, 08:40:44 am »

If we let people marry amusement park rides, the next thing you know people will want to marry the same sex.  Then the world will really fall apart.  Gays are the biggest threat to America you know.   Wink

Yes, CF, we are all worried about catching "the gay".  Heh, still one of your funnier lines.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
TURobY
Social Butterfly
City Father

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2009, 08:53:55 am »

Yes, CF, we are all worried about catching "the gay".

You shouldn't be worried, because we're not going after the adults... we're going after your children! Mwah-ha-ha-ha-ha! (Evil laugh)  Tongue

---Robert
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2009, 09:22:56 am »

Yes, CF, we are all worried about catching "the gay".  Heh, still one of your funnier lines.

Can you catch "greased up deaf guy?"
brianh
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2009, 09:23:31 am »

"She now sleeps with a picture of the ride on her ceiling and carries its spare nuts and bolts around to feel closer to it."

I'm pretty sure they aren't going to want those spare parts back now.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 09:25:22 am by brianh » Logged
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2009, 09:46:20 am »

I'm pretty sure they aren't going to want those spare parts back now.

Heh.  At least it's a real marriage:  since she has its nuts in her purse.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2009, 09:47:09 am »

Heh.  At least it's a real marriage:  since she has its nuts in her purse.

kudos
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org