A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:40:20 am
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: anyone tried Smashburger yet?  (Read 33109 times)
Danny
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2009, 01:53:27 pm »

Goldies fries were mentioned,
I agree, I really miss the old fries, and they used to serve Pepsi also, the best fountain Pepsi anywhere, I hate Coke.
Why must they pick one, why cant a place have both Pepsi AND Coke
joiei
City Father

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2009, 07:19:57 pm »

I agree, I really miss the old fries, and they used to serve Pepsi also, the best fountain Pepsi anywhere, I hate Coke.
because both pepsi and coke both demand that theirs is the only product before they will agree to installing their equipment.   No signing on the line, no machines, no syrup, no nothing. 

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2009, 07:49:13 pm »

The Speedy's Mexican restaurant at 25th and Memorial has both Coca Cola and Pepsi fountain machines.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2009, 08:14:29 pm »

because both pepsi and coke both demand that theirs is the only product before they will agree to installing their equipment.   No signing on the line, no machines, no syrup, no nothing. 

They don't do that w/ QT.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2009, 02:32:45 pm »

I was just talking about that night before last.  I don't think I would want to open a resteraunt and be bound to one or the other.  I'm sure I could find a way to get both setups in the resteraunt.  A resteraunt being forced to choose one or the other, to me, is like a bar being forced to serve either Bud or Coors.  It's idiotic.
wildgoose
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2009, 07:42:30 pm »

in regards to coke or pepsi...If you own the machine they will both sell you product, but if one or the other provides a machine free of charge they expect a exclusive deal. 
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2009, 09:08:52 pm »

I tried smashburger this weekend. It's decent but not amazing, especially for $6 + drinks + side.

Smashing the burger is okay on a flat grill, but not on a grate.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2009, 12:48:57 pm »

I finally tried it today and it was somewhere between unremarkable and forgettable.  I did luck out and hit it about 11:20 before the line started.  I had the standard Smashburger and Smash fries.

Way too much salt in the patty.  Literally, there were still grains of salt in it.  The smash fries were good, I'll give them that much.  The special sauce on the burger seemed to be mayo and mustard.

For $10.81 for a 1/2 pound burger, seasoned fries, a tea, and tax I think I'd rather spend $7 or $8 on something local and much better.  I can get table service at Goldies and spend the same amount with a 20% tip.

Burger FAIL, IMO.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hawkins
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2009, 08:14:20 pm »

Well I liked it. Particularly the milk shake.

The combo of the burger and tasty milkshake reminded me of a Johnny Rockets.

Definitely would pass up Red Robin for this place.

I actually feel bad for Fuddruckers, though. They were the first burger joint to locate in the 169/71st and Imax Gold Mine area, and now they've got a Red Robin just down the street and a Smash Burger directly across from them. 

TURobY
Social Butterfly
City Father

« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2009, 08:29:09 pm »

I tried the OK Burger with the Smash Fries.

I think I was the only one at the table who liked the fries. Everyone else was not happy with the taste. As for the burger, the toppings were delicious and so plentiful that I can't even give an honest opinion of the burger itself.

I'd probably give it an 7.5/10. I think I liked the burger at Campus Grill better, but I liked the Smashburger than many of the other chains.

On a side note, I also had an Angus burger from McDonald's. I have to admit that I thought it was pretty delicious and filling and would probably rank it around the same (7.5/10).

---Robert
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2009, 07:33:26 am »

On a side note, I also had an Angus burger from McDonald's. I have to admit that I thought it was pretty delicious and filling and would probably rank it around the same (7.5/10).

Sure it was ANGUS?Huh

custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2009, 11:35:17 am »

Sure it was ANGUS?Huh

Heh, I saw that online about the one at 31st and Memorial, had Lisa drive by since she was out and about and sure nuff, still said it.  You would think by the time it got all over the interenet they would have fixed it.
chas22
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2009, 07:32:20 am »

Last night was my first and last time I'll go there.  Two 1/3 burgers, 2 small fries and 2 drinks for $18.75. 
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2009, 08:17:33 am »

Last night was my first and last time I'll go there.  Two 1/3 burgers, 2 small fries and 2 drinks for $18.75. 

I've heard it's not that spectacular.  And while I like Red Robin to some extent, forget it if you have a party larger than 4.  They freak out and screw almost everything up on the order.  One time I thought was an anamoly, but after three different experiences there with parties of larger than 4 with different wait staff, I don't know if I'll go back unless it's with a party of 4 or smaller.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
rwarn17588
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2009, 08:43:47 am »

I've heard it's not that spectacular.  And while I like Red Robin to some extent, forget it if you have a party larger than 4.  They freak out and screw almost everything up on the order.  One time I thought was an anamoly, but after three different experiences there with parties of larger than 4 with different wait staff, I don't know if I'll go back unless it's with a party of 4 or smaller.

I like Smashburger OK. But when you've got a slew of great burger joints all over the city, another one coming into town is nothing to get excited about.

http://www.joesburgersearch.com/Joes_Burger_Search/Blog/Blog.html
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org