A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:50:14 pm
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: anyone tried Smashburger yet?  (Read 33111 times)
Danny
« on: August 04, 2009, 02:14:58 pm »

How was it, how were the lines, was it worth the wait
dbacks fan
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 03:49:07 pm »

They are supposed to be opening three here in the Phoenix area over the next year.

Speaking of burgers found this link on a local site http://www.cheeseandburger.com/

I think I may have to try and make some of these.
Danny
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2009, 11:31:58 am »

well, I figured, if you want somethng done, do it yourself, so I braved the crowd and went for lunch today, got very lucky, 2 people in front of me, by the time I sat down after ordering, the line was out the door, and got longer as I was there.

Good burger, not gonna end the burger world, but it was good, my only complaint, and is a small one, I didnt like the pickles.

I dont think I would stand in the kind of line that I saw when I was leaving, but I will go back.
Im sure you can go in there in a month or two and get right in, So i would suggest waiting til the shine is off, and really, arent burgers better after the grill gets a little funk on them?
Steve
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2009, 11:37:58 am »

I don't see how this Smashburger place can be any better than any other burger joint in town.  Certainly can't be worth waiting in any long lines for.  Besides, I was always taught and firmly believe that one should never "smash" a burger on the grill or griddle, as it just depletes the juices out of the meat and makes a dryer, less tasty end product.

Just the usual hysteria that always accompanies a new chain joint opening in town. 
OSU
Activist

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2009, 08:48:25 pm »

Tried Smashburger tonight and....meh. The restaurant leaves me wanting 2 things 1. water and more water, the food seems to be quite salty. 2. a trip to Goldies. I would compare Smashburger to a ~$1 cheaper/not as good Red Robin. I'll give the place another chance in a couple of months to see if the food improves but that is about it.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2009, 09:57:39 am »

Tried Smashburger tonight and....meh. The restaurant leaves me wanting 2 things 1. water and more water, the food seems to be quite salty. 2. a trip to Goldies. I would compare Smashburger to a ~$1 cheaper/not as good Red Robin. I'll give the place another chance in a couple of months to see if the food improves but that is about it.

I was underwhelmed with Red Robin.  Funny your analogy of Smashburger and RR.  When I ate at RR, I said it was a Goldies with some kitschy atmosphere and an unjustifiably more expensive burger.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
OSU
Activist

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2009, 10:18:08 am »

I find I like RR when I want a little fancier burger than I can get at Goldies (i.e. A1 peppercorn burger), however I eat at Goldies about 3-1 above RR. My only gripe with Goldies is the fact they changed their fries about ~3 years ago and they are not as good, I like going to the Goldies in Stillwater on gamedays because they still have the old variety of fries.

They bill Smashburger as "every cities favorite burger place", I guess we are lucky to have Goldies and Ron's. Wink
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 10:19:40 am by OSU » Logged

rwarn17588
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2009, 10:35:12 am »

They bill Smashburger as "every cities favorite burger place", I guess we are lucky to have Goldies and Ron's. Wink

And Hank's and Harden's and Linda Mar's and Bill's and Brownie's and Claud's and Arnold's and Weber's and Ralph's and a few others I might have forgotten.

In the previous town where I lived, you couldn't get non-fast-food burger that was worth a damn. I come to Tulsa, and there are great burger joints everywhere. (And I'm not the only well-traveled person who holds that opinion.)

I suppose Smashburger will do OK. But I think it has a leeeeeetle too high opinion of itself, especially considering where it is. You'd be hard-pressed to find better burgers than the local places mentioned above.
OSU
Activist

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2009, 11:29:24 am »

We really do have a dearth of fine burger establishments and I frequent them all (I love hamburger) I was merely being concise. Grin

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2009, 12:01:03 pm »

And Hank's and Harden's and Linda Mar's and Bill's and Brownie's and Claud's and Arnold's and Weber's and Ralph's and a few others I might have forgotten.

In the previous town where I lived, you couldn't get non-fast-food burger that was worth a damn. I come to Tulsa, and there are great burger joints everywhere. (And I'm not the only well-traveled person who holds that opinion.)

I suppose Smashburger will do OK. But I think it has a leeeeeetle too high opinion of itself, especially considering where it is. You'd be hard-pressed to find better burgers than the local places mentioned above.

Let's not forget Freddie's...at least the one I know of just east of Eastwood Baptist Church on 11th St.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2009, 12:16:23 pm »

2nd location going in on the south side of 71st between Garnett and 169 (used to be express personnel)
Renaissance
City Father

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2009, 12:36:44 pm »

We really do have a dearth of fine burger establishments and I frequent them all (I love hamburger) I was merely being concise. Grin

By dearth, I think you mean abundance.
lsimmons
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2009, 01:47:25 pm »

I'll stick with Brew Burger @ 71st and Sheridan or so. Great buffalo/bison burgers. One of those with Chipotle mayo and some sweet potato fries and I'm a happy camper.
OSU
Activist

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2009, 06:53:43 pm »

By dearth, I think you mean abundance.

Well I feel like an donkey, I don't know what I was trying to say and why I even put dearth in there...

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2009, 09:54:16 am »

"dearth" vader?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org