A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:59:23 am
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What's going to be built at 14th & Utica?  (Read 14580 times)
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2013, 08:29:46 pm »

I live right by that lot.  I always thought it would be the perfect location for a hotel/mixed use office and retail.  It's a large lot, highway access, with an entertainment district attached.  I still can't comprehend why there are not hotels anywhere near Cherry Street or Utica Square while hotels are going up underneath highway onramps in South Tulsa.  How on earth is it not good business to invite people to visit and stay near our entertainment districts but to market to them beatiful views of highway onramps? 

Next door or just close by?  Just curious.

I expect that at least most of the off-ramp motels are only aiming for people passing through. 

I also believe there are some others, like the big one just north of the Super Target at 71st and 169, with more facilities that are aiming at the business crowd.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2013, 08:43:02 pm »

I agree 100%. Let's pool our resources and make this happen.

I'm sure I can find $.02 to put in.

Cheesy

dbacks fan
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2013, 10:45:22 pm »

Here's an idea for the layout of a hotel/motel for that spot. Have stayed at this place a couple of times.

http://beverly-laurel.hotel-rn.com/index2.html?nav=did10
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2013, 09:13:17 am »

Suppose they used Aqua-Net for the propellant?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org