A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 09:51:32 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fried Chicken?  (Read 5263 times)
Danny
« on: July 30, 2009, 09:13:53 am »

Is there any good place around Tulsa for fried chicken? or at least good enough to keep me from driving to Springdale Arkansas to AQ chicken house? (which is the best Ive ever eaten)
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009, 10:09:36 am »

I've heard the Celebrity club has very good pan fried chicken (cooked in a cast iron skillet).
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2009, 10:36:24 am »

Different genre, but the garlic fried chicken at the Golden Palace at 51st & Peoria is pretty good.  As much as I beat up on the food quality at Ollie's Station, their fried chicken isn't too bad.

I agree with you on AQ, there's none finer anywhere, so making a comparison is difficult to impossible when someone asks if there's anyplace close as good as AQ.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
AVERAGE JOE
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2009, 02:38:04 pm »

Danny, I love AQ Chicken, too. It's the best.

There is some good fried chicken in Tulsa, though. As mentioned, the Celebrity Club Restaurant at 31st & Yale does a really good pan-fried chicken. I also really like the fried chicken at Evelyn's, which is a great soul food restaurant near the airport, just a quarter mile south of the Air & Space Museum.

Between those two, I can get by pretty well between AQ runs.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 02:57:49 pm by AVERAGE JOE » Logged
Danny
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2009, 04:03:13 pm »

and also, about AQ, this sounds odd, but they have really good spaghetti, I know, why would you eat spaghetti at the best chicken house, but I got it once as a side item, its called Tontitown Spaghetti
jne
Philanthropist

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2009, 10:12:28 am »

The Local Table has really good fried chicken - comes with waffles and some great maple syrup.  I agree about Ollie's Station - fried chicken is the best thing going there.

Vote for the two party system!
-one one Friday and one on Saturday.
Bat Bat
Activist

Holy haberdashery, Batman!

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2009, 07:19:16 pm »

I think that Hammet House in Claremore has some great chicken dishes such as Southern Fried Chicken, Chicken Fried Steak, etc...  I usually go there for the lamb fries and turkey fries. 

The place isn't much to look at, but it is nice short drive out of town and it is good food.

I almost forgot to mention.  They have incredible pies.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org