A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:46:16 am
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What will the tax be on internet users  (Read 11899 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2009, 10:17:06 pm »

The greatest disaster that could hit us now is the printing presses were to wear out. 

Beautiful and cogent.  Thanks Shadows.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2009, 09:40:57 am »

Oh God, not more discussions on redeemable currency.  If you want redeemable currency, then do it.  Keep all your assets in tangibles (Gold, Silver, etc.) and pay all your bills by credit card.  When you want to pay off the credit card cash out some of your assets and immediately send off payment.  PRESTO - you are operating on a hard currency.   Of course, your currency is still subject to governmental manipulation and world events (see the entire history of hard currencies), but if it makes you feel better go for it.
- - -

I pay nearly all my bills online and as many as possible automatically.  Mortgage, insurance (auto, house, life, health, boat), student loans, power, gas, cell phone, cable and internet, college fund, 401K/IRA, banking.  Everything is online.  I actually go to the bank or a broker to sign documents as required, put things in a despoit box, or deposit a check.

I purchase some goods onlines.  Pet food and meds (if you need live crickets for feeders, for gods sake buy them online!), gifts, books and DVDs, ammunition, and a few other random things.  But most of my shopping is done at brick and mortar stores.

When the government starts enforcing sales taxes against garage sales and cash transactions, they can come after my internet purchases.  Avoiding taxes is a long standing American tradition.  I understand the problem, but keep your hands off of my internet(s).

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
kylieosu
Civic Leader

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2009, 09:44:57 am »

It really angers me that PSO charges $2.95 to pay your bill online. Ridiculous.
shadows
City Father

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2009, 05:14:02 pm »

I pay nearly all my bills online and as many as possible automatically.  Mortgage, insurance (auto, house, life, health, boat), student loans, power, gas, cell phone, cable and internet, college fund, 401K/IRA, banking.  Everything is online.  I actually go to the bank or a broker to sign documents as required, put things in a despoit box, or deposit a check.

I purchase some goods onlines.  Pet food and meds (if you need live crickets for feeders, for gods sake buy them online!), gifts, books and DVDs, ammunition, and a few other random things.  But most of my shopping is done at brick and mortar stores.

When the government starts enforcing sales taxes against garage sales and cash transactions, they can come after my internet purchases.  Avoiding taxes is a long standing American tradition.  I understand the problem, but keep your hands off of my internet(s).

Your are making a great and outstand effort to increase unemployment as you turn from the manual to electronic paying  your bills Your contribution to the rising employment may go unnoticed until you  become a victim and join the increasing unemployed created by  the expanding robot  society.  Many who produce from the natural element of the planet may find difficultly in selling their wares to robots. 

A point of thought that some three thousand teachers will assemble shortly to pass on  their acquired knowledge whereas a $400 dollar computer has instant recall of all their combined knowledge and any  part can be printed out in seconds.  In the electronic robot world they have become as obsolete as the postal department.   They in the future will be only high-priced baby sitters.   The legal profession has the same ability to search by case the thousands of past decisions and print them in seconds now available on the internet.  All of this which contributed  to the dysfunctional tax structure must be replaced as further unemployment is encountered .   Offender is the internet so it should be taxed.   How much should we reclaim of this loss?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 05:18:21 pm by shadows » Logged

Today we stand in ecstasy and view that we build today’
Tomorrow we will enter into the plea to have it torn away.
TURobY
Social Butterfly
City Father

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2009, 09:34:30 pm »

All of this which contributed  to the dysfunctional tax structure must be replaced as further unemployment is encountered.

Theoretically, members displaced by improvements of technology should re-tool towards other industries or develop new services/products/technology. I seem to recall something about the steam locomotive engineer...

---Robert
shadows
City Father

« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2009, 05:43:22 pm »

Theoretically, members displaced by improvements of technology should re-tool towards other industries or develop new services/products/technology. I seem to recall something about the steam locomotive engineer...

Liken unto the octopus having eight tentacles each with double rows of suction cups the commercial and industrial industries are converting to robot operations thus sucking up the manual jobs.   Training for another job, done by a robot, would exceed the imagination of the ability to find a job by the working poor.  And like the internet the robot nor its owner pay into the funds for city or state operations. The robot opertions of on line paying is a job related robot creating unemployment.

TURobY
Social Butterfly
City Father

« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2009, 12:12:22 am »

Liken unto the octopus having eight tentacles each with double rows of suction cups the commercial and industrial industries are converting to robot operations thus sucking up the manual jobs.   Training for another job, done by a robot, would exceed the imagination of the ability to find a job by the working poor.  And like the internet the robot nor its owner pay into the funds for city or state operations. The robot opertions of on line paying is a job related robot creating unemployment.
But each robot requires a technician to maintain and repair their function, thuse creating a new job/industry. Displaced workers tend to either persue further education, change industries, and develop new industry. Such has been the case for millennia, and you have yet to show how now is any different....

---Robert
shadows
City Father

« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2009, 02:36:56 pm »

But each robot requires a technician to maintain and repair their function, thuse creating a new job/industry. Displaced workers tend to either persue further education, change industries, and develop new industry. Such has been the case for millennia, and you have yet to show how now is any different....
I had a friend who owned a machine shop.   He employed some 17 persons .   He purchased four CNC robot mills.  A piece required three hours of labor to produce manually on each existing mill.  The new robot mills produced the same part in 47 minutes.  It took only one person to setup all four mills.  The part was made for one of our leading longtime manufacturing corporations.  They notified him that they were taking bid for the part from an India company who had purchased robot mills and for him to bid against them.  He is out of business now.   
Lets prepare for the wolf that is coming up the walk.

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2009, 03:25:47 pm »

Just wait for that robot wolf... then your friend is really screwed.

Power is nothing till you use it.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2009, 08:15:24 am »

Your are making a great and outstand effort to increase unemployment as you turn from the manual to electronic paying  your bills Your contribution to the rising employment may go unnoticed until you  become a victim and join the increasing unemployed created by  the expanding robot  society.  Many who produce from the natural element of the planet may find difficultly in selling their wares to robots. 

Shadows:

When an occupation is no longer productive it will die.  There aren't a lot of barrel makers anymore - those damn metal barrel making machines put them out of a job.  Same with elevator attendance and elevator buttons.   Mass produced shoes really put the screws to cobblers.  And glass factories have significantly hurt the bottle production of glass blowers.  The steam driven coal shovel put many-a-miner out of work.  The tractor reduced the number of farm-hand jobs and combines have eliminated the need for migrant labor for harvesting in many parts of the country.  Steam engines put the damper on sale makers and sailors.  Light bulbs really screwed up candle makers.  And email has killed the pony express.  Woe be increased productivity . . .

I guess we could ban light bulbs and sails to increase jobs.  Or we can accept the fact that careers will have to change and people will have to adapt.  Find a way to do it better or get out of the way.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
PepePeru
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2009, 09:02:49 am »

Well, this settles it.
We all could use some Old Glory Insurance

http://www.hulu.com/watch/2340/saturday-night-live-old-glory
shadows
City Father

« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2009, 08:36:35 pm »

Shadows:

When an occupation is no longer productive it will die.  There aren't a lot of barrel makers anymore - those damn metal barrel making machines put them out of a job.  Same with elevator attendance and elevator buttons.   Mass produced shoes really put the screws to cobblers.  And glass factories have significantly hurt the bottle production of glass blowers.  The steam driven coal shovel put many-a-miner out of work.  The tractor reduced the number of farm-hand jobs and combines have eliminated the need for migrant labor for harvesting in many parts of the country.  Steam engines put the damper on sale makers and sailors.  Light bulbs really screwed up candle makers.  And email has killed the pony express.  Woe be increased productivity . . .

I guess we could ban light bulbs and sails to increase jobs.  Or we can accept the fact that careers will have to change and people will have to adapt.  Find a way to do it better or get out of the way.

The economy in Tulsa as well as the country has made drastic changes in the last century.  It was a rural supported city. Then in the 20’s it began the urbanization by support of the oil discovered on the lands given to the native Indian forever in exchange for their farms on the East Coast.  But after the two land runs the farmers were displaced by the oil profiteers who were able to obtain the production rights from the drunken Indians and began seeing who could build the biggest buildings from the free oil incomes.  As one industry cease to exist another industry related to the oil began.  This did not create unemployment as the automobile flourished.  Ford, Buick, and the Tulsan (produced at Admiral place and Madison) etc The horse head pumping units were produced in the building now occupied by Story wrecker.  Derricks, monkey boards, pipe yard production flourished as well as all other oil related industries.  Hotels and houses of prostitution lined the streets supported by the oil increasing the jobs.

We cannot relate the progression from wooden barrels to metal barrels to plastic barrels to card board barrels as each today have their own places.  It is liken

“The tractor pulls the plow”,
“The truck totes its lusty loads”
“who needs an horse shoe now”

We have entered in the electronic age where we have created a monster with storage capacity far exceeding the human mind.  It is so equipped to perform the tasks once done by organisms with expert precisions that is not afforded its counter part. It does not tire and has the ability to perform the task of millions of workers.   We have taxed the organism who once performed these jobs and now is unemployed.  Why should we not tax the monster that has close many retail outlets, factories and industries causing this unemployment?         

TURobY
Social Butterfly
City Father

« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2009, 09:11:24 pm »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luddite_fallacy

---Robert
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org