A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:04:34 am
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: El Guapo?  (Read 16610 times)
Renaissance
City Father

« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2009, 07:44:15 pm »

I haven't eaten there but their margaritas were decent.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2009, 10:01:27 pm »

No clown when I went. I feel cheated.

JERRY: Oh there's that clown again, what does he want from me. Look I'm
serious, I'm not kidding, I don't have the quarter, that guy took it.
JOE DIVOLA: I don't want any money.
ELAINE: I smell cherry.
JOE DIVOLA: It's Binaca.
JERRY: Binaca?
naenae42day
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2009, 11:17:23 am »

A tripe taco?  I shudder to ask?
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2009, 01:41:00 pm »

A tripe taco?  I shudder to ask?

I like tripe if it's prepared right.  I've always wanted to ask: if you are "naenae42day" who are you the other six days of the week?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
mrburns918
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2009, 11:45:56 am »

Sorry, but I cannot recommend El Guapo's to anyone. The food is barely ok but not for the price, the margaritas probably the best in Tulsa but, the service is the worst in Tulsa. Those who know me will attest that I support locals to the fullest, especially downtown businesses. I have given El Guapo's several chances, 31 chances to be exact. Here is a brief list of my experiences:

1. Had to get my own silverware after the food arrived (6 times)
2. Watched the servers smoke at the patio bar, and not wash their hands when coming back on shift. Witnessed one person use his hands to retrieve chips on the side of the bar. (3 times)
3. Attitude from the servers. It's great you have tattoos and pink hair, I love individualism but guess what? Customers come first, not your poser bs. So try to act like you appreciate your job. It might help in tips too. (22 times)
4. Servers hanging around the patio bar cussing. (4 times) Thanks for not considering that my eight year old and other customers might not appreciate that. And, When I confront them about it, they act like there is something wrong with me.
5. I don't need any more buy one margarita get one free cards. I now have 12 of them. Anyone want them?

Other issues I won't bother listing that I have probably listed before on TulsaNow.

I don't get it. McNellie's is one of my favorite places to eat and I am there at least 5 times a week. The staff is kick donkey, LD is the greatest manager ever. I go to Tiny's get some great drinks, the servers are awesome, I visit The Colony and have never had a bad experience, one of friendliest bartender's in town. What the heck is wrong with El Guapo's?

They better get someone in there to crack the whip otherwise this establishment is going to continue to struggle. I know I am not the only one who feels this way.
I don't say this to hate on El Guapo's, it just sucks that a place that has so much potential seems to be in a unstoppable spiral. Clean house. Change the name and partner with El Rio Verde or Cancun. Have them cook the food, Hire some customer service oriented managers who can crack the whip and keep the margarita recipes the same.

I want El Guapo's to make it. I really do.

Mr. Burns

BierGarten
Activist

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2009, 03:26:41 pm »

I also love Cajun food, and there really isn't any decent true Cajun place in town that I know of at least.

Not sure you would think it is a "true Cajun place" but I can vouch for Chicory & Chives' Jambalaya!  Chicory & Chives is on Southwest Blvd somewhere between Downtown and the Knotty Pine and is much cleaner than it looks from the outside and is very well patronized over the lunch hour.

tulsaborn
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2009, 03:47:50 pm »

I don't get it. McNellie's is one of my favorite places to eat and I am there at least 5 times a week. The staff is kick donkey, LD is the greatest manager ever. I go to Tiny's get some great drinks, the servers are awesome, I visit The Colony and have never had a bad experience, one of friendliest bartender's in town. What the heck is wrong with El Guapo's?

It's kinda funny you compare the two, they are owned by the same person.
godboko71
Philanthropist

« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2009, 06:51:30 pm »

Could that maybe be why he is saying he doesn't get how one can be so great while the other not so much?

I have only gone a couple of times, there food is not much better then the place on the other side of the tracks but the atmosphere is much better. I wish I could remember the name of the server we had the couple of times we went though they did a great job.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 06:53:25 pm by godboko71 » Logged

Thank you,
Robert Town
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2009, 09:29:11 pm »

He owns all 5.
godboko71
Philanthropist

« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2009, 02:08:30 pm »

Not sure you would think it is a "true Cajun place" but I can vouch for Chicory & Chives' Jambalaya!  Chicory & Chives is on Southwest Blvd somewhere between Downtown and the Knotty Pine and is much cleaner than it looks from the outside and is very well patronized over the lunch hour.

Knotty Pine is right off Charles Page Blvd not Southwest Blvd, Chicory & Chives Café is located a few blocks east of Knotty Pine.

Chicory & Chives Café

(918) 585-3500

3121 Charles Page Blvd
Tulsa, OK 74127

Thank you,
Robert Town
mrburns918
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2009, 07:46:06 am »

Really? Wow? Maybe that's why I listed all of the same businesses owned by Eliot.

Mr. Burns

godboko71
Philanthropist

« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2009, 02:06:18 pm »

Really? Wow? Maybe that's why I listed all of the same businesses owned by Eliot.

Mr. Burns

Thank you, your post made my day.

Thank you,
Robert Town
Ihearttacos
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2009, 02:46:48 pm »

[
Sorry, but I cannot recommend El Guapo's to anyone. The food is barely ok but not for the price, the margaritas probably the best in Tulsa but, the service is the worst in Tulsa. Those who know me will attest that I support locals to the fullest, especially downtown businesses. I have given El Guapo's several chances, 31 chances to be exact. Here is a brief list of my experiences:

1. Had to get my own silverware after the food arrived (6 times)
2. Watched the servers smoke at the patio bar, and not wash their hands when coming back on shift. Witnessed one person use his hands to retrieve chips on the side of the bar. (3 times)
3. Attitude from the servers. It's great you have tattoos and pink hair, I love individualism but guess what? Customers come first, not your poser bs. So try to act like you appreciate your job. It might help in tips too. (22 times)
4. Servers hanging around the patio bar cussing. (4 times) Thanks for not considering that my eight year old and other customers might not appreciate that. And, When I confront them about it, they act like there is something wrong with me.
5. I don't need any more buy one margarita get one free cards. I now have 12 of them. Anyone want them?

Other issues I won't bother listing that I have probably listed before on TulsaNow.

They better get someone in there to crack the whip otherwise this establishment is going to continue to struggle. I know I am not the only one who feels this way.
I don't say this to hate on El Guapo's, it just sucks that a place that has so much potential seems to be in a unstoppable spiral. Clean house. Change the name and partner with El Rio Verde or Cancun. Have them cook the food, Hire some customer service oriented managers who can crack the whip and keep the margarita recipes the same.

I want El Guapo's to make it. I really do.

Mr. Burns

I'd like to hear your opinion on Dilly Deli too Smiley
brunoflipper
El Presidente
City Father

« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2009, 04:15:40 pm »

dilly deli sammiches are good... but i have not been blown away by any of them...
however, their breakfast is absolutely kick donkey (french toast, sausage patties, eggs- u name it, it has all been excellent)...
it is our new fav bfast place...

seriously, though, mcnellies food is always consistently "OK"... but 5 nights a week to eat there? no way...

el guapo has gotten better but can still very spotty (good to crap- i've had it all)...

« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 04:19:25 pm by brunoflipper » Logged

"It costs a fortune to look this trashy..."
"Don't believe in riches but you should see where I live..."

http://www.stopabductions.com/
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org