A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:04:06 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tulsa Realtor and Mortgage Broker Recommendations?  (Read 5191 times)
TulsaBound
« on: July 23, 2009, 12:21:16 pm »

Its looking more and more likely that the wife and I will be moving back to Tulsa in the very near future!  To that end, we are in need of a trustworthy and dependable realtor and mortgage broker to guide us in buying our first home.

If everything goes as planned we could be in the Tulsa area permanently by the end of August.  If anyone has any recomendations on either a mortgage broker or realtor we would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks for your help!
jtcrissup
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2009, 07:40:34 pm »

Welcome back to Tulsa. I am a recent "boomarang" Tulsan as well...grew up here and moved back 3 years ago after being away for about 10 years.  I did not really like ANY of the realtors I came across when we were working remote as I felt they all were trying to cram south Tulsa down my throat.  I am sure the "South County" developers/builders are giving kickbacks to GTAR (Greater Tulsa Association of Realtors).  I have met a few I would "trust" since moving back and getting re-settled in Tulsa.  Mostly I find them trustworthy because I don't believe the real estate gig is their sole source of income.  If you ARE interested in new construction/South Tulsa I would say one realtor is as good as the next...if you are considering mid-town, here are two I would recommend.

In no particular order:
Sally Carter (Walter and Associates) She lives on my street and is a nice lady and has been in Tulsa forever...she might even try to sell you her house of 30+ years (it is on the market right now...hate to see her leave our street)

Joy Walker (Prudential)  I have met Joy a few times and had long talks with her about real estate in Tulsa and her philosophy on it.  She seems knowledgable and trustworthy...a hard combination to find in a lot of the younger associates.

As far a a mortgage broker, I have never used anyone local.  I have done lending tree twice (aka on both home purchases I have made) and ended up with great results both times.  The search engine returned locals to me (along with others across the country), but I ultimately used someone "hungry" from a different part of the country both times.

Good luck in your move.
brianh
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 07:24:33 am »

I don't entirely know what a mortgage broker is but I bought my first house in April and I had a nice real estate agent, Lindsay Schlomann of McGraw. http://www.mcgrawdavissonstewart.com/photo/agents/1619.htm

She provided a bunch of nice places to check out, still I was doing a bunch of my own searches at the time so I found my house with a combination of zillow and a few other websites. But Lindsay was very helpful in getting me into the house. She handled all my tours, inspections and negotiations, leaving me to give a few yes/no answers. She is pretty experienced and knows how to get discounts on things too.
swampee
Citizen

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2009, 08:16:48 am »

Just some advice never let your realtor setup your inspections. Do it yourself. There are some good ones in twon to use. I let my realtor do it on my first house being ignorant and they did a pathetic job.

TURobY
Social Butterfly
City Father

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2009, 09:42:14 am »

I've had lots of luck with Walter and Associates.

---Robert
flybriz
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2009, 06:15:42 pm »

For a mortgage broker, give Philip Morrow at BOk a call.  I've used him and recommended him to all my friends.  Several of them have used him and agree he's top notch.  You will not believe this guy - Explains EVERY part of the process, gets the best rates.  He even gave me advice and tips on selling my other house by owner, and personally made calls to his colleagues at the title company when we had a title issue.  Exceptional, friendly, laid back.  Cant say enough good things about him.  His office is 918-488-7147 and his cell is 918-808-6760.  He'll match or beat any rate you can find elsewhere.

I used Lending Tree on the house before this one and ended up with Quicken Loans - Six months later my loan was sold to GMAC.  Never got any personal service or peace of mind that someone was looking out for my best interests.  Never again!

For a Realtor, my family and I have used Mike Nickles at Coldwell Banker.  Nice pleasant guy, patient, and really understands what you're looking for and doesn't play the upsell game by showing you houses out of your range.  His number is 645-5795.

If you choose either one, please tell them that Brian and Jennifer Smith recommended them to you.  I don't get anything from it - they just appreciate referrals as that's proof positive they make a lasting impression on their clients and do their very best.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org