A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:25:46 pm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Downtown Master Plan  (Read 10766 times)
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2009, 01:52:09 pm »

Is this a rough draft or the actual plan?  I like a lot of the ideas shown especially with regards to transportation.  Some things I would add:

1.  The Boulder Ave. streetcar is a good idea, but I would take it northbound on Boston, east on 3rd, north on Detroit, east on Brady, and then southbound Boulder to 15th or 18th and then back to Boston.  I like the circulator idea that hits multiple districts better than just a one line corridor.

2.  More parks, including one east of Holy Family Cathedral that extends all the way to Boston and serves as a catalyst for development around it on 8th and 9th.  Maybe also a park in the Blue Dome district and by the BOK Center (once Page Belcher is gone).

3.  More streetscaping, including an extension of the Boston streetscape south of 7th, where it currently ends, all the way to 18th.

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2009, 09:23:37 pm »

1. You know this is a fixed-guideway streetcar correct? I believe the plan is to have it intersect with a rubber-tire downtown circulator for getting

2. The plan does call for greenspace on the southside and there are several potential options but they have been unable to nail down a specific spot.  I believe one of the drawings does show greenspace on the west side of the existing library, in front of the bok center.

3. You may want to wait until you see the brady streetscaping plan before planning a continuation of the boston method.
FOTD
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2009, 09:39:05 pm »

Giant Ferris Wheel?
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2009, 09:40:47 pm »

Giant Ferris Wheel?

I'm for it.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org