A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:57:25 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FOTD's EMAIL FROM THE ANGRY WHITE SIDE  (Read 5026 times)
FOTD
« on: July 17, 2009, 11:38:23 pm »

This is the crap that circulates the net:

* obamacare.jpg (60.76 KB - downloaded 554 times.)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2009, 06:15:25 am »

And you just propagated it by passing along instead of deleting it.  Are you not aware that's how it spreads?  I'll be sure to send it to all my racist angry white friends, since that's the only kind of friends I have.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2009, 10:14:56 am »

Truth be known....you have friends, CoCo?

Well, no, just aquaintances, I'm quite an unpopular d*ck.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Michael71
Civic Leader

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2009, 09:50:24 am »

I have also received several of these.  I would post them...but, it would be spreading them too.  My parents even sent one that actually offended me.

...had I circulated something like that 23 years ago(while living in their house)...I would have been punished.

--------------------------
"Why be part of the 'brain drain' that gets sucked out of Tulsa...The opportunity IS there, you just gotta make it!!"--Eric Marshall
rwarn17588
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2009, 09:56:59 am »

If I actually got e-mails like this, I'd put it on a public forum and expose them for the d*cks they are.
Hometown
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2009, 11:32:01 am »

I wish I could say I am surprised by the Republican Party’s disrespect for Law and Order in the United States.  I think the truth here is that the Republican Party’s core constituency (what’s left of it) cannot handle having a successful “Black” president.

My partner comes home from work to report his supervisor has declared that “Obama is not my president.”

Then I wake up to read the following excerpt from a story by Randy Krehbiel in today’s Tulsa World.

“In conservative America, the matter has taken on greater urgency. Rep. Jason Murphey, a Guthrie Republican who is one of Derby's allies on the gun bill, says his constituents are ‘scared to death’ of the Obama administration and desperate to insulate themselves from it.”

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=11&articleid=20090720_16_A1_AnOkla753193&archive=yes

How sad it is that Oklahoma’s racism will only hasten our drift into irrelevance and deepen our descent into poverty and as we veer further away from the mainstream of life in the U.S.

waterboy
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2009, 01:14:30 pm »

I went to a beer tasting this weekend. One of the brewers reps told me his beer was made in the home town of Newt Gingrich as though that would impress me. I nodded politely and told him I would not hold that against the beer. He didn't seem to understand me and offered that it was also the home of Greta VanSusteren, the noted Fox personality.

It is assumed by people around here that of course you are conservative, a Fox devotee and scared to death of Obama. He's taking our guns you know. It gets tiresome.

The beer was great though.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2009, 02:37:20 pm »

My partner comes home from work to report his supervisor has declared that “Obama is not my president.”

Explain to me how this is ANY different than you calling our previous President "Baby Bush"?

I can't even begin to count how many times I heard and read liberals decreeing: "Bush is not my President".

Please go on to explain the mental gymnastics required to assume this is a racial issue for Republicans.  Any disagreements I have with President Obama are strictly idealogical.  I can honestly say that goes for the majority of my friends who label themselves conservative, independent, and even some of my more liberal friends who are fiscal conservatives take issue with our President.  Note I said "our" I did not vote for him, but as an American citizen, he IS my President. 

Personally I'd like to see a whole lot less sniping from the peanut gallery, but considering the partisan times we live in and the billions to be made in the media by political commentators, it's no surprise.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2009, 02:40:52 pm »

When a demon as me hears the terrible hatred towards...

You truly amuse me, talk about terrible hatred, more like obsessive hatred.  Here's some cheery dream material for you:

Sweet dreams you devil.

Global Moderator
Civic Leader

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2009, 08:34:26 am »

This thread is going nowhere productive.  I appreciate humor as much as anyone, but everything posted in this thread is in poor taste and not constructive.  Predictably, this thread is locked.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org