A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:14:32 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Colbert (Building) Report  (Read 2044 times)
PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« on: July 20, 2009, 04:07:09 pm »

I've driven past this building at 16th and Harvard about a zillion times over the years, but just noticed (for the first time) the name on the front:  Colbert.

As a fan of the "Colbert Report,"  I'm wondering how we can lure Stephen Colbert to Tulsa with this building.

"Sure, your name appears every night on national TV, on your website, on the cover of a best-selling book, on T-shirts and coffee mugs throughout America.  It's seen on obsolete presidential campaign stickers, and, heck, it's probably even tatooed on some pretty nice a$ses across the country....But do you have a BUILDING!?"

It's a pretty cool old building.  Not sure what the history of it is.

But could it be the headquarters of the Colbert Nation?  Cool
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 03:34:00 pm by PonderInc » Logged
jne
Philanthropist

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 04:29:08 pm »

I like where this is going...

Vote for the two party system!
-one one Friday and one on Saturday.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 08:30:15 am »

+1.

I've even been IN that building.  Part insurance company (Allstate I believe), part some kind of store/home thing.  Someone needs to take a picture of the Colbert name in stone and email it to the nation.  Maybe we could start a trend of emailing in buildings "named in his honor."

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2009, 06:46:28 pm »

I've driven past this building at 16th and Harvard about a zillion times over the years, but just noticed (for the first time) the name on the front:  Colbert.

As a fan of the "Colbert Report,"  I'm wondering how we can lure Stephen Colbert to Tulsa with this building.

"Sure, your name appears every night on national TV, on your website, on the cover of a best-selling book, on T-shirts and coffee mugs throughout America.  It's seen on obsolete presidential campaign stickers, and, heck, it's probably even tatooed on some pretty nice a$ses across the country....But do you have a BUILDING!?"

It's a pretty cool old building.  Not sure what the history of it is.

But could it be the headquarters of the Colbert Nation?  Cool
I noticed this a couple of weeks ago. I keep meaning to get a picture, but still haven't. Sad, since it is just around the corner from me.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org