A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:12:17 am
Linked Events
  • 12th Annual Art of BBQ: July 10, 2009 - July 11, 2009

• Registrations have closed
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 12th Annual Art of BBQ- July 10th-11th @ OU-Tulsa Schusterman Campus  (Read 12526 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2009, 01:38:09 pm »

3 kegs (marshall's atlas was top notch in the heat with the bbq)

I'm actually developing a taste for the IPA, and I've never been an IPA person.  CarltonPlace was kind enough to bring a couple of bottles as a house-warming gift.  Dunno if it's better in glass or what.  Unfortunately, you guys were down to Miller Lite by the time I made it by.  But a free beer is always a good beer.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
waterboy
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2009, 04:00:28 pm »

I've now heard of two places vying to be the new home of the art of BBQ. One won't please Bruno, the other will upset waterboy.

My back yard? Give me some frozen maragaritas and I'll bite.
brunoflipper
El Presidente
City Father

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2009, 06:15:31 pm »

Expo Square- too much asphalt, no way it could be done in July...
TU- they want to put it on the oval... could be done...
West Bank- seems logical...

"It costs a fortune to look this trashy..."
"Don't believe in riches but you should see where I live..."

http://www.stopabductions.com/
brunoflipper
El Presidente
City Father

« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2009, 06:16:14 pm »

I'm actually developing a taste for the IPA, and I've never been an IPA person.  CarltonPlace was kind enough to bring a couple of bottles as a house-warming gift.  Dunno if it's better in glass or what.  Unfortunately, you guys were down to Miller Lite by the time I made it by.  But a free beer is always a good beer.
sorry about that...

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2009, 06:39:11 pm »

I'm still waiting on the OPP to hit bottles, or has it yet?  I've tried them all now, and sofar my fave is the Wheat.  IPA has a little bit too much kick, but I still like it.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2009, 08:55:57 am »

I'm still waiting on the OPP to hit bottles, or has it yet?  I've tried them all now, and sofar my fave is the Wheat.  IPA has a little bit too much kick, but I still like it.

The wheat is brilliant, but the character and flavor seems more consistent in the bottles rather than the kegs.  I still think McNellies pub ale is hard to beat.  He's still not put a crappy beer out yet, there's just some I prefer more than others.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
brianh
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2009, 12:47:37 pm »

The wheat is brilliant, but the character and flavor seems more consistent in the bottles rather than the kegs.  I still think McNellies pub ale is hard to beat.  He's still not put a crappy beer out yet, there's just some I prefer more than others.

I like them all to but here is my ranking in the order that I really, really like to the ones I just really like:
Old Pavilion
Marzen
Sundown
McNellies Pub/IPA: Both of these are at the same level for me.
joiei
City Father

« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2009, 06:59:45 pm »

not to detract from all the beer talk but who won the Art of BBQ?  Which team took the money home?   

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2009, 08:07:38 am »

not to detract from all the beer talk but who won the Art of BBQ?  Which team took the money home?   

Who cares?  We're talking Marshall's here.  Wink

Check the Arts & Humanities Council web site, I'd think there'd be something on there.

brunoflipper
El Presidente
City Father

« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2009, 12:17:57 pm »

overall winners:
1st- naaman's bbq
2nd- Butt lover's BBQ
3rd- Willie's Hog Pond

joiei
City Father

« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2009, 03:55:46 pm »

Thanks Bruno.   Maybe Conan should start a beer thread maybe. 

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org