A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:41:17 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Afghan Refugees  (Read 4337 times)
SXSW
City Father

« on: September 29, 2021, 11:07:07 pm »

I’m sure most of have heard that thousands of Afghan refugees are being relocated to the U.S. over next several months.  Oklahoma is getting 1,800 refugees, third in number for all states (only behind CA and TX).  Tulsa specifically is getting 850 refugees.  That is a big influx in just a few months, something that hasn’t been seen since the end of Vietnam War. 

Curious if there is much of an existing Afghan community in Tulsa and if so where is it located?  Hoping we see some more Afghan restaurants.

https://www.npr.org/2021/09/29/1041571019/oklahoma-afghan-refugees

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2021, 07:13:09 pm »

This is going to be interesting.  I wish them all well and hope the Republicontins here don't ruin the US for them!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org