A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:55:31 pm
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Hunt Club  (Read 27052 times)
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2013, 10:43:30 am »

Bros Houligan is taking over the Hunt Club per the TW.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2013, 04:49:25 pm »

I guess all the fried food at Caz's wasn't meeting the market need so Bros Hooligan saw a niche to fill.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2013, 05:44:45 pm »

3.5 year old thread resurrection
*bravo*
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2013, 08:18:10 pm »

3.5 year old thread resurrection
*bravo*

At least he didn't clutter up the board with a new thread.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2013, 10:32:25 am »

Kitchen is rather limited, I wonder if it will be an abbreviated menu.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
saintnicster
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2013, 12:56:46 pm »

Kitchen is rather limited, I wonder if it will be an abbreviated menu.

That's pretty much what the Tulsa World article says.
http://www.tulsaworld.com/article.aspx/Bros_Houligan_to_take_over_the_Hunt_Club_in_Brady_Arts/20130424_39_D1_CUTLIN900222?subj=4
Bros. Houligan, a 25-year-old restaurant with two Tulsa locations, is taking over the Hunt Club space at 224 N. Main St. in the Brady Arts District.

"With another partner we own the Vanguard next door, and my son plays in a rock 'n' roll band that plays the Hunt Club, so we have gotten to know Mary Ellen (Hunt Club owner Mary Ellen Slape)," said Pat McMurchy, who owns Bros. Houligan with brother Tim McMurchy.

"She has been talking about moving back to Arkansas for some time, so here's what we are going to do. She will stay on as a minority owner, and we will change the name to Bros. Houligan's Hunt Club. No one will lose their job in this deal."

McMurchy said the paperwork for the transaction was completed Tuesday.

McMurchy said the building has no kitchen equipment except a refrigerator and a microwave, so cooking fixtures will have to be installed.

"When we were walking through the space, Tim said, 'Does this bring back any memories?'" Pat McMurchy said. "It was a lot like it was when we started Bros. Houligan 25 years ago on 15th Street."

McMurchy said because of space limitations, the menu at the new location will be more limited than at the other restaurants. He said he hopes to be serving Bros. Houligan-style food by mid-June.

The restaurant is known for its chicken-fried steak, fried chicken livers, steaks, cottage fries and country gravy.

"We will continue with the Hunt Club as it is until we get the kitchen done," McMurchy said. "I don't anticipate being closed any time during construction."

A patio is located between the Vanguard music hall and Bros. Houligan's Hunt Club. McMurchy said a side door will be installed in the Vanguard so that customers can walk across the patio to dine.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org