A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:32:50 pm
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Hunt Club  (Read 26992 times)
joiei
City Father

« on: July 07, 2009, 09:20:13 am »

A new place in the Brady,  The Hunt Club at the corner of Main and Cameron is an excellent choice for lunch downtown.  According to their menu they plan on being open late, like until 1:30am.   I had the New Yorker sandwich yesterday with the spinach pies and was very happy.  Big thick sandwich with pastrami, corned beef and coleslaw on marbled rye.  The spinach pies were like mini tiropitas and very tasty.   A nice alternative for lunch or for pre-show if your headed to Cains for a show. 

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2009, 09:30:12 am »

Nice courtyard too.  We had drinks there Sat. night before moving along for the fireworks display disappointment.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 03:04:08 pm »

So it replaced White Rabbit?  Just clarifying.

Thanks
TURobY
Social Butterfly
City Father

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2009, 03:29:57 pm »

So it replaced White Rabbit?  Just clarifying.

Thanks

yes.

---Robert
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2009, 12:06:23 am »

Just got back...PWI

Was great.  Lots o'fun.

The patio is a great place to cocktail with friends.

The heavy metal bar next door is a negative though.
OSU
Activist

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2009, 12:12:54 am »

Well I'll have to try this place. Oh and Joiei the spinach pies have there own unique name-spanakopita- just for future reference.

TURobY
Social Butterfly
City Father

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2009, 07:01:02 am »

The heavy metal bar next door is a negative though.

The Marquee isn't always heavy metal. I think they were hosting a CD release party yesterday.

---Robert
joiei
City Father

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2009, 07:46:52 am »

Well I'll have to try this place. Oh and Joiei the spinach pies have there own unique name-spanakopita- just for future reference.
Thank you for that info.  I was just using the name they use on the menu.  And I think the correct name for them is Tiropitas.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 07:49:01 am by joiei » Logged

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
TheTed
City Father

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2009, 09:29:14 am »

Went there recently. My take: Meh.

It was (barely) after 10 pm, so I only had my pick from their four-item late-night menu. That's not gonna cut it. 

The Chicago dog was pretty mediocre. At least they used the correct ingredients, minus sport peppers, which is more than I can say for some Chicago dogs I've had in Tulsa. But it tasted microwaved and not at all fresh. Also, $7.50 for a hot dog is a rip off.

I like that they have a patio, though I wouldn't call it a nice patio. Downtown really needs a nice beer garden, the kind with an outdoor bar and a fountain or something. What few patios we have are pretty unspectacular.

I don't see myself returning to the Hunt Club much, barring major improvements.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2009, 09:56:06 am »

Went there recently. My take: Meh.

It was (barely) after 10 pm, so I only had my pick from their four-item late-night menu. That's not gonna cut it. 

The Chicago dog was pretty mediocre. At least they used the correct ingredients, minus sport peppers, which is more than I can say for some Chicago dogs I've had in Tulsa. But it tasted microwaved and not at all fresh. Also, $7.50 for a hot dog is a rip off.

I like that they have a patio, though I wouldn't call it a nice patio. Downtown really needs a nice beer garden, the kind with an outdoor bar and a fountain or something. What few patios we have are pretty unspectacular.

I don't see myself returning to the Hunt Club much, barring major improvements.

Dude, they opened July 1, give 'em a chance to get sorted out before you write them off for good.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
TheTed
City Father

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2009, 10:20:35 am »

Dude, they opened July 1, give 'em a chance to get sorted out before you write them off for good.
I'll probably return in a few months to see if they've made any significant improvements. But as of now I don't really have a reason to go there. There's nothing to lift them above the sea of bars and restaurants downtown.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2009, 08:45:01 am »

We went back yesterday for bloody mary's and hung out for a while.

Across main street from there...what is that building?  Any plans for it that anyone knows of?

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=hunt+club+tulsa&fb=1&split=1&gl=us&cid=6264847495064511788&li=lmd
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2009, 08:55:27 am »

A friend told me it was an old car dealership, no idea what the future plans are for the building.  Drop in on the Crystal Pistol and Sound Pony next time you are up in that area, both are fun places.  Sound Pony usually has a special on Marshall's and the Pistol has $2.00 Guiness draws.

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2009, 10:16:29 am »

We went back yesterday for bloody mary's and hung out for a while.

Across main street from there...what is that building?  Any plans for it that anyone knows of?

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=hunt+club+tulsa&fb=1&split=1&gl=us&cid=6264847495064511788&li=lmd

Don't know on the 2-story building. The one story one further south is a recording studio owned by a certain mmmBand.
PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2009, 11:41:04 am »

Hunt Club Hours:
Open until 2:00 AM every night!

M-F:  11:00 AM - 2:00 AM
Sat & Sun 3:00 PM - 2:00 AM

I popped in to see what they had, and to grab a menu.  (I'll be back.  The food looked great, and I love the space.)

They have a nice mix of gourmet sandwiches and interesting sides / appetizers / desserts.  Conan will be happy to know that they serve Marshall's beer.   Wink

Appetizers include things like the Mediterranean Platter (hummus, olives, tabouli, tsatziki sauce and pita), tequila lime chicken wings (ok, I'm intrigued!), frito pie, chili cheese fries, and queso and chips, etc. 

Salads include: Greek salad, grilled chicken salad, caesar salad, orzo or tabouli salad, tomato salad, garden salad, etc.

Lots of sandwiches including: Reuben, gyro, the Pigout (roasted pork on a ciabatta bun),  BBQ Brisket, roasted turkey, and...the Elvis (peanut butter and strawberry jelly with sliced bananas and bacon on a ciabatta bun) (this explains some things about Elvis in his later years)...

Also have a couple different hot dogs and a sourdough soup bowl.

Desserts include: cheese cake, turtle pie, carrot cake, key lime pie and frozen banana with chocolate and peanuts.

Late night menu includes:
Pizza, frito pie, macaroni, Chicago dawg, Okie dawg (with chili or sauerkraut), 3 cheese macaroni, and the aforementioned chicken wings.

The patio space is nice, very similar to the Tiny Lounge (formerly 818). 

They just opened a couple weeks ago (soft opening).  Things are looking good.  They said they'll be adding items to the late night menu in the future.  Just getting their feet wet right now, and marketing by word of mouth.

Stop by and check it out.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org