A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:58:25 am
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Hunt Club  (Read 27001 times)
AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2009, 01:17:36 pm »

Native Son, acoustic duo of Mitch Boulanger and Randy Brumley, played the Hunt Club last night and had such a great response they were asked to play again tonight and Saturday night.

I found the service and food to be good. A friend ordered a Greek salad and it looked WONDERFUL.

The owner is really a super-nice guy and I would encourage everyone to at least give them a try. We need to support local establishments and especially local places that support local musicians.
buckeye
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2009, 01:31:14 pm »

I had a very adequate but unremarkable Gyro there a few days ago.  No cucumber, sadly.  Not a terrific sandwich, but worth checking the place out again after a few months.
PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2009, 10:49:27 pm »

I was there for lunch on Friday.  Enjoyed a very tasty (and very juicy!) reuben sandwich and tabouli. 

Chatted with the owners, who recognized me from the previous week when I stopped in to grab a menu.  They seem very cool and excited about the restaurant. (Both are corporate refugees...happily pursuing their dream of running a restaurant instead of sitting in a cubicle.)  They're still working out the kinks during the "soft opening" phase, and seemed eager for constructive feedback.

The Hunt Club has a nice little patio space (the adjacent building was torn down years ago) very similar to the Tiny Lounge.  There was even some shade and a breeze at 1:00 pm.  They are planning to build a small outdoor stage in the near future.

I'm excited that they'll be open late (with a late night menu) so Cain's and Brady concert-goers will have a place to grab a sandwich and a Marshalls beer.

Nice ambiance...and even a few dead animals on the walls to give it that "Hunt Club" feeling.

I'll definitely be back.  I love family-run places like this, and I'm excited that they're downtown. 
FOTD
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2009, 11:50:32 am »

Heh heh....must check it out.

Same place!?

* Cheneyhuntclub.jpg (23.07 KB - downloaded 947 times.)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2009, 02:48:15 pm »

Heh heh....must check it out.

Same place!?

Yes, and they have Faux news on constantly.

Okay that's a total fabrication.  I just don't want you to doosh up one of my favorite new places

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2009, 02:29:26 pm »

Ate lunch there today.  All four of us enjoyed our meals and we had prompt service without feeling rushed.  Overall, it offers an interesting selection of items and has a relaxing feel.  I know it was an unusual day for July, but the patio also looked inviting.  I was disappointed they were out of several items and, because I had meetings this afternoon, I could not order a Marshalls.  I can't blame them for that last part.  I will definitely go back.
Ihearttacos
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2009, 09:07:32 am »

Went to the Hunt Club last week for lunch and found it to have some nice additions since the White Rabbit's unfortunate departure.  Additional window and door to the patio area really open up the space.  I wanted to try the spinach pies but they weren't listed as an app, I ordered them as such anyway and they were wonderfully tasty.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2009, 11:21:12 am »

I'm slowly working my way down the menu there.  Against better judgement for my health, I ordered the Frito chili pie last night.  Absolutely the best I've had in Tulsa.  They must be using brisket for the meat, not ground beef.  Big spread of queso over the top.  Total heart attack in a bowl, but what a way to go!  My friend had the chicken salad sandwich, quite good, not outstanding.  Many of the service issues seem to have gotten ironed out.

FYI, Native Son is playing again this weekend, I believe.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2009, 11:53:17 am »

I'm slowly working my way down the menu there.  Against better judgement for my health, I ordered the Frito chili pie last night.  Absolutely the best I've had in Tulsa.  They must be using brisket for the meat, not ground beef.  Big spread of queso over the top.  Total heart attack in a bowl, but what a way to go!  My friend had the chicken salad sandwich, quite good, not outstanding.  Many of the service issues seem to have gotten ironed out.

FYI, Native Son is playing again this weekend, I believe.

Did I hear "best frito chili pie in Tulsa?" and "Heart attack in a bowl?"

Must.. consume.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2009, 11:56:25 am »

Urban spoon has my attempt of posting the menu online.

Not perfect but readable.

http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/58/1460159/restaurant/Brady-Arts-District/The-Hunt-Club-Tulsa
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2009, 04:20:49 pm »

How about that power of suggestion?  I'm here now.  $1 beers for as long as they last.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2009, 07:54:34 am »

How about that power of suggestion?  I'm here now.  $1 beers for as long as they last.

Yeah, the big azz cooler they couldn't lift with all the Bud Light?

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2009, 11:35:44 am »

Do I smell a forum lunch?
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2009, 12:38:43 pm »

It's sounding that way.  Date/time?

AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2009, 04:16:48 pm »

Native Son playing this Friday and Saturday night. I think they're going to be playing on the patio this weekend - weather permitting.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org