A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:49:53 pm
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where can we legally set off fireworks?  (Read 8125 times)
jamesrage
Philanthropist

« on: July 02, 2009, 10:51:08 am »

Where can we legally set off fireworks? I know they are illegal in the city of Tulsa to light off fireworks. Is there a city or town close to Tulsa or maybe a area where it is legal to light off fireworks? I think I heard on the news last year a city was selling permits, what are the restrictions on this?

A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those
waterboy
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 11:07:19 am »

I think Broken Arrow sells permits to shoot fireworks. Maybe some of the other small towns have followed suit. Good easy revenue. Tulsa County has no such restrictions that I know of.
brianh
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 11:19:24 am »

Stroud, Oklahoma.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2009, 11:19:56 am »

Where's Sauer when we need him.  I wanted to hear about the regs in Omaha, Ft. Worth, and Columbus, Ohio.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2009, 11:22:40 am »

I think Broken Arrow sells permits to shoot fireworks. 

But don't let 'em catch you dancing
jne
Philanthropist

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2009, 11:25:37 am »

I'm headed to a blow-your-finger-off  party out on the west side.  Some of those neighborhoods are war zones.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 11:56:28 am by jne » Logged

Vote for the two party system!
-one one Friday and one on Saturday.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2009, 11:40:57 am »

Where's Sauer when we need him.  I wanted to hear about the regs in Omaha, Ft. Worth, and Columbus, Ohio.

Don't encourage him.  Or maybe do.  I haven't had a chance to get my mean-on today.

Grin

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2009, 12:40:13 pm »

Grand Lake, where there is also one of the best fireworks shows in the state over Duck Creek.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2009, 01:30:22 pm »

I'm headed to a blow-your-finger-off  party out on the west side.  Some of those neighborhoods are war zones.
Down south there are running roman candle and bottle rocket fights, and that's just what I was doing.  Cheesy

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2009, 03:00:10 pm »

Where ever you do it, be careful. As dry as it's been lately, it would probably be pretty easy to start a grass fire.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2009, 03:57:17 pm »

I live up 71st in Broken Arrow past County line in Wagoner County.
With my house, my next door neighbor and one across the street.
It sounds like a war zone from about 9 to 10:30 P.M. every fourth for the last five years. All my family and the wife's family come over and bring the chairs and watch a lot of money go up in smoke.
It's a lot of fun and a great get together.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
joiei
City Father

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2009, 07:47:04 pm »

That's the least the Krauter can do for us since we do everything wrong here in Tulsa according to them. 

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
GG
Philanthropist

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2009, 10:03:06 pm »

That's the least the Krauter can do for us since we do everything wrong here in Tulsa according to them. 

We won't be hearing from him much this weekend.  He said at the Breakroom another forum he frequents that the Omaha library, yes he post from a library, is cutting back on the hours of usage.   

Sauerkraut
Mood: Sad
« Result #13 Today at 3:05pm »   
"I got bad news too, the Omaha library system due to budget cuts will now be closed Sundays. There are other libraries in the suburbs that may still be open on Sundays such as LaVista and Papillian, Omaha got a new democrat mayor and he has the city budget in a mess. The libraries will be closed Friday-Sunday for the holiday and re-open Monday. The computers at the Omaha library are really good, & super fast and they feed youtube videos real good plus we have no time limits. They give you a hour per session but you can go and keep signing up for unlimited sessions but if no one is waiting for a computer and your timer is down to 5 minutes the computer will add 20 minutes to the clock and it will keep adding the 20 minutes as long as there are empty computers. Very nifity!"
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 10:26:03 pm by unreliablesource » Logged

Trust but verify
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2009, 07:45:13 am »

We won't be hearing from him much this weekend.  He said at the Breakroom another forum he frequents that the Omaha library, yes he post from a library, is cutting back on the hours of usage.   

Sauerkraut
Mood: Sad
« Result #13 Today at 3:05pm »   
"I got bad news too, the Omaha library system due to budget cuts will now be closed Sundays. There are other libraries in the suburbs that may still be open on Sundays such as LaVista and Papillian, Omaha got a new democrat mayor and he has the city budget in a mess. The libraries will be closed Friday-Sunday for the holiday and re-open Monday. The computers at the Omaha library are really good, & super fast and they feed youtube videos real good plus we have no time limits. They give you a hour per session but you can go and keep signing up for unlimited sessions but if no one is waiting for a computer and your timer is down to 5 minutes the computer will add 20 minutes to the clock and it will keep adding the 20 minutes as long as there are empty computers. Very nifity!"

Thanks.  I was in a crappy mood until I read that.   Grin

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2009, 08:53:44 am »

Same thing as Tulsa. Banned and banned. Fireworks are illegal in many cities except for sparklers. Lips sealed

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org