A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 09:13:18 am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AVA Media Open For Business  (Read 13443 times)
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« on: June 30, 2009, 10:24:39 am »

I've been working on this for quite some time now and the opportunity is now upon me. 

Many of you have seen my 3D renderings around town.  Produced specifically for Tanner Consulting clients, they had a hefty price tag and some serious limitations (hardware related) as to the size and speed of the product.

I am now in business for myself producing architectural and land planning imagery and exhibits for anyone who is interested. 

Visit my website at www.avamediaresponse.com for sample images and information on the other services I can provide.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2009, 10:37:18 am »

Nice renderings Gaspar and congratulations on your venture.  So are you entirely on your own payroll now? 

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2009, 10:39:47 am »

Good job and best of luck!

I know the guy that owns:
http://www.netrender.com/

So if you need plant textures, I recommend those.   Grin

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2009, 10:41:00 am »

I have done a little bit of 3d modeling / texturing in 3d Studio Max.  Let me tell you, it isn't easy.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2009, 11:54:08 am »

Nice renderings Gaspar and congratulations on your venture.  So are you entirely on your own payroll now? 

Yes sir!

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2009, 11:55:14 am »

Good job and best of luck!

I know the guy that owns:
http://www.netrender.com/

So if you need plant textures, I recommend those.   Grin

Very cool.  I make my own using digital photos and then creating alpha maps.

brianh
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2009, 11:59:21 am »

Really nice work there, I haven't seen many 3D renderings that compare. On the website it says "Using a network of computers with 1,500 GHZ" is that all your network machines combined?
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2009, 12:04:30 pm »

Really nice work there, I haven't seen many 3D renderings that compare. On the website it says "Using a network of computers with 1,500 GHZ" is that all your network machines combined?

Heck of a stack, you could fry an egg on.

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2009, 09:34:31 pm »

I have done a little bit of 3d modeling / texturing in 3d Studio Max.  Let me tell you, it isn't easy.

Ive wished a lot of times I had the patience to learn that; it would go a long way to illustrating different outdoor lighting styles.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2009, 11:03:30 pm »

Ive wished a lot of times I had the patience to learn that; it would go a long way to illustrating different outdoor lighting styles.

I tried doing some of that to make my own planes for MS Flight Sim (the next to last version of the sim provided you with a lite version of some 3d modeling software) but just couldn't make myself take the time to learn it properly.  I got as far as the tutorial and making a roof for a house.  When that took me three hours, I figured I wasn't cracked up to be a 3d designer. harhar.

I'll always be a software tester, I guess.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2009, 11:12:36 pm »

Hoss, creating the old .bgl files for MSFS 3 (or was it 4?  who knows) is how I eventually learned to fly.  I'd sketch out lonesome airports in the middle of BFE Ok., NM, CO. KS, MO, AR. is what got me to finally take the plunge and get in a real small aircraft for the first time.  I was mapping out KRVS one Saturday when I was in town and saw the big "Learn to fly here" banner at Christiansen's.  Never turned back after that point.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2009, 06:16:54 am »

Great job Gaspar and best of luck on your new venture. Will keep an eye and an ear out for any potential work for ya.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2009, 06:26:05 am »

Hoss, creating the old .bgl files for MSFS 3 (or was it 4?  who knows) is how I eventually learned to fly.  I'd sketch out lonesome airports in the middle of BFE Ok., NM, CO. KS, MO, AR. is what got me to finally take the plunge and get in a real small aircraft for the first time.  I was mapping out KRVS one Saturday when I was in town and saw the big "Learn to fly here" banner at Christiansen's.  Never turned back after that point.

Haha, that was a little like me, and it was for MSFS 2000 I believe.  I had a friend though who was an FI and I got my start in a Piper PA28.  Later I switched to a C172.  I liked that a little better, because I could see the ground while I was trying to land.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2009, 09:10:10 am »

I have used it for just that.  Since my rendering engine handles light just like the real world, I can manipulate the spectrum (type of bulb) and wattage to get a real representation of how the light will reflect and spread off of different surfaces and reflectors.  I can also manipulate different lens geometry to bend and manipulate the light just exactly as it would happen in the real world.  After evaluating the result, I can then export the entire thing in CADD for production.

I have a concept for a line of consumer landscape lighting that uses lens geometry and interchangeable sheet metal cutouts to project imagery and even messages on the ground or walls for parking, trails, or decoration.  I have some low resolution initial renders of a few of the applications (note: these are low rez, just to evaluate the lens geometry).

I've never tried it to evaluate street lighting, but it would be rather simple and quick.

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2009, 07:37:15 pm »

I have a concept for a line of consumer landscape lighting that uses lens geometry and interchangeable sheet metal cutouts to project imagery and even messages on the ground or walls for parking, trails, or decoration.  I have some low resolution initial renders of a few of the applications (note: these are low rez, just to evaluate the lens geometry).

I've never tried it to evaluate street lighting, but it would be rather simple and quick.

Very cool.  Pedestrian-scale Gobos.
I could see a lot of residential applications, as well as more adventuresome uses in entertainment districts, etc.

Does your software also interpret .IES files (that define a light fixture's footprint)?

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org