A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 05:46:59 pm
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tom Adelson Announcement  (Read 16574 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2009, 11:43:43 am »

Like he did for the State Senate?  Adelson has already shown he can beat Dewey.  It will be an interesting race, and, regardless of who wins the republican primary, it will be a close race.

Relevance and accuracy aren't FOTD's strong points.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2009, 11:44:18 am »

Same song.  Different singer.  I am patiently waiting for the day when GOB runs out of respectable electables.  If history is a good indicator of the future, why should anyone be excited about another white honky Mayor?

Pimp Tulsa, vote Tay.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2009, 11:54:57 am »

Oops.  I forgot Tom's Jewish.  I'm Jewish too.  So, I'm voting Tom!  Jewish, Democrat, AND flaming LIBERAL!  Woooohoooo!

I'm just wondering what his slogan might be.  Gooooooooooooooooooo Eagles?

Flaming Liberal? Don't think so, more like a Boren Democrat.

Gold
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2009, 11:57:25 am »

Flaming Liberal? Don't think so, more like a Boren Democrat.

I take it you mean a different type of flaming . . .  Grin
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2009, 01:21:46 pm »

Oh, gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawd, Tom's gonna LOSE.  Can anybody remember when the last time a green campaign sign won a Mayoral race?

No, but it worked for Karen Keith in her County Commission campaign.  Why don't you run, Paul?  You know you want to.

MichaelBates
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2009, 01:27:47 pm »

I can't think of a single example where a south Tulsan was Mayor and every time a councilor has run, they have lost.

Dick Crawford, who lived at about 103rd & Sandusky if I recall correctly, was mayor from 1986-1988. But that was a strange election: Tom Quinn beat incumbent Terry Young in the Democratic primary, then Water & Sewer Commissioner Patty Eaton filed as an independent along with dozens of other candidates. (Under the old charter you could file as an independent up to 10 days before the general election.) Crawford won with less than 50% of the vote.
MichaelBates
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2009, 01:32:32 pm »

Oh, gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawd, Tom's gonna LOSE.  Can anybody remember when the last time a green campaign sign won a Mayoral race?

A green sign won a State Senate race in 2004, but not by much. The problem with a green campaign sign is that it blends in with the grass and the McGraw real estate signs.

Neat picture -- looks like the view from 16th and Detroit in Maple Park. A cynic might say it indicates an intention to govern from a Maple Ridge point of view.
PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2009, 02:35:19 pm »

I took that to be the Council Oak tree in the foreground with downtown buildings in the back. 

But now, I'm thinking the white stuff is supposed to be the river...which would put the tree on the west side of the river.  (Unless the white stripe is Boulder Ave?)  (Analysis paralysis alert!) 

I'll just go with my first impression: green space, architecture, nature and downtown. 

I like the vibe so far...  What's reality?
Bledsoe
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2009, 07:41:06 am »

Remember this is not the first time Bartlett has run for Mayor.  He ran in 1992 and lost big-time in all areas to Democrat Susan Savage.

Savage led voting in all areas of Tulsa
http://www.tulsaworld.com/site/articlepath.aspx?articleid=344217&archive=yes

He also stooped to some less than truthful campaigning that caused the Tribune (who had endorsed him) to call him out on a falsehood:

Bartlett's charges false
http://www.tulsaworld.com/site/articlepath.aspx?articleid=343632&archive=yes
TURobY
Social Butterfly
City Father

« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2009, 08:36:43 am »

I'd wondered if anyone was going to run that I could truly get behind. I was afraid that I would have to settle for Bartlett, but I'm actually excited about Adelson!

---Robert
Double A
Sofa King Banned
City Father

« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2009, 09:00:38 am »

I like Tom. He's my State Senator. I think his time and talents are wasted as Mayor, though. I would rather see him run for state AG, which he was rumored to be interested in at one point. This mayor thing kinda makes me wonder if there was a deal struck with K.T. Maybe AG is the run at higher office that Taylor the Tyrant is gearing up for?

<center>
</center>
The clash of ideas is the sound of freedom. Ars Longa, Vita Brevis!
FOTD
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2009, 11:35:55 am »

I like Tom. He's my State Senator. I think his time and talents are wasted as Mayor, though. I would rather see him run for state AG, which he was rumored to be interested in at one point. This mayor thing kinda makes me wonder if there was a deal struck with K.T. Maybe AG is the run at higher office that Taylor the Tyrant is gearing up for?

KT will not run while Ed's in the race.

Conan, since when did you start backing elitist female dawgs?
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2009, 12:39:07 pm »

KT will not run while Ed's in the race.

Conan, since when did you start backing elitist female dawgs?

You obviously have sexist issues, FOTD.  This devil has always supported the best candidates.

FOTD
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2009, 02:00:15 pm »

You obviously have sexist issues, FOTD.  This devil has always supported the best candidates.

Well, the best candidates may end up having the worst staff. KT has had a tremendous staff. TA's will be a bunch of creeps from early indications. Yes, it's personal. This will be more evident as time goes on and these support staff for TA will be his undoing and be bad for our city. Unless he makes dramatic changes, you and everyone here will be p.o.ed at the level of arrogance and lousy decision making. Just what experience does TA have on this managerial level? His election staff are like palace guards with their noses so far up in the air they can't think like the citizenry. These will be the folks running Tulsey.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2009, 03:00:21 pm »

Well, the best candidates may end up having the worst staff. KT has had a tremendous staff. TA's will be a bunch of creeps from early indications. Yes, it's personal. This will be more evident as time goes on and these support staff for TA will be his undoing and be bad for our city. Unless he makes dramatic changes, you and everyone here will be p.o.ed at the level of arrogance and lousy decision making. Just what experience does TA have on this managerial level? His election staff are like palace guards with their noses so far up in the air they can't think like the citizenry. These will be the folks running Tulsey.

And there are people who would argue Mayor Taylor's staff was a big part of the arrogance problem in that administration.  There simply is no way to satisfy every member of the electorate, especially in a city where about 7-10 families wield the most influence and can get anything done they want, up to inserting their own candidates into office.

Don't take it personal you little demon, it's politics.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org