A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:41:15 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: USA!!! USA!!!  (Read 4141 times)
USRufnex
« on: June 28, 2009, 12:48:47 pm »

Big win over top ranked Spain (15 straight wins, 35 game unbeaten streak) last week-- finals today against Brasil..... beautiful goooooooooaaal against Brazil ten mins into the first half.  USA 1 - Brasil 0

FIFA Confederations Cup is a World Cup tune-up..... roughly the equivalent of getting into the finals of the NIT Preseason in NCAA basketball....

LIVE on espn.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 12:57:58 pm by USRufnex » Logged
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2009, 12:58:47 pm »

Sweet first goal...Brazil hasn't been behind in any tournament match and hadn't given up a goal in 315 minutes of play.

My son is a goalie and he predicted that the USA goalie would win this match for the USA team.

Power is nothing till you use it.
USRufnex
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2009, 01:01:21 pm »

Yeeeeeeeeaaaaaaahhhhhh baby!!!!

USA scores (Landon Donovan) on the counter....

USA 2 - Brasil 0
FOTD
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2009, 01:28:10 pm »

Yeeeeeeeeaaaaaaahhhhhh baby!!!!

USA scores (Landon Donovan) on the counter....

USA 2 - Brasil 0

Amazing tournament for USA! Our goalie is the best this ex player has seen in years.

Play solid defense 2nd half and "do you believe in miracles?"

Team USA enters the elite?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 01:30:18 pm by FOTD » Logged
USRufnex
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2009, 01:36:20 pm »

crap.

2-1... first couple of mins into the 2nd half... back to the goal, turn and shoot.
FOTD
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2009, 01:36:53 pm »

Scratch that defense stuff.....goal in first minutes changes everything......

Very lucky it's not tied.....

Lucky we are not behind a goal.....

Outcoached? Lucky USA not behind by 2 goals......
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 02:14:43 pm by FOTD » Logged
Wilbur
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2009, 03:00:10 pm »

I'm not sure what happened, but USA did not even come out to play in the second half.  Leading 2-0, they end up losing 3-2, and really, the score should have been 4-2 when the ref missed one goal where the ball clearly entered the net.

Too bad.  Fun to watch. 

That takes care of my soccer watching for the year!
USRufnex
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2009, 12:15:11 pm »

I watched the second half at the Fox & Hound on 71st and Garnett.  Nice little group of soccer fans who were all yelling "SUB, COACH, BRING IN A SUB!!!" at the bigscreen.

The first half was as good as I've seen us play; the second half showed a lack of conditioning, we were more than a step slow and didn't look like the same team.

TODAY AT 2PM.

CONCACAF Gold Cup Final against Mexico at Giants Stadium..... pregame on ESPN2 but game is on Fox Soccer channel so I guess I'll be at the Fox & Hound to watch (I'm too cheap to pay extra on my cable bill)....
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org