A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:00:41 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This one's for Boo  (Read 3556 times)
Double A
Sofa King Banned
City Father

« on: June 24, 2009, 01:21:14 am »

I ran across this and couldn't help but think of Boo World:

www.dwellbox.com

Which scenario will allow this?

<center>
</center>
The clash of ideas is the sound of freedom. Ars Longa, Vita Brevis!
Rico
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2009, 07:39:45 pm »

I disagree with you on this Double A.......

Theez one is for boo..

http://www.tulsaworld.com/business/article.aspx?subjectid=32&articleid=20090630_32_E1_ClydeS980441
Double A
Sofa King Banned
City Father

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 10:08:52 am »

It's the garage apt. that made me think of Boo, not the materials used in constructuction, since boo has been an advocate for ADU(Accessory Dwelling Units)  SIPS are cool, though. I've heard SIPS are being used for roof applications in ISBU construction as an alternative to trusses.

Check out this ISBU project underway in Salt Lake City:

Which scenario will allow ADU and ISBU construction?

<center>
</center>
The clash of ideas is the sound of freedom. Ars Longa, Vita Brevis!
Theron Warlick
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2009, 01:56:03 pm »

Hiya DoubleA,  

First, I have been brushing up on the new census, a workshop, reading, etc.  It is evolving into an ongoing process.  Over the next few years the decennial census will be replaced in part by an annual, American Community Survey.  ACS will not be a 100% sample, like the census, but it will be a representative sample, statistically valid, and conducted every year.  Interesting trade-offs.  While I haven't yet found a clear way to get local questions included, I still think it's a great idea to include questions that help us develop a more robust understanding of community needs.  I'll let you know if I find out more.

Second, and for all, I still don't have a final count on the surveys.  We've asked for crosstabs, too.  We'll be doing up a press release when we get something.  Give us a couple of weeks, please.  Thanks.

And as for your question, "which scenario will allow this?", I think the fairest answer is, we don't know.  PLANiTULSA should identify areas where growth is desired, but it is a guide, not the law.  PLANiTULSA is helping us with the big vision, which is something we need first: we have to have a idea, even if only a nominal one, of where we're headed in every part of the city; we have to know how all the component parts will fit together; and we have to begin to prioritize.  On another level, it's helping to make planning more accessible and more routine.  But it's not the end of the road and you'll have plenty more opportunities to be a planner.

A likely follow-on to PLANiTULSA  would be to engage neighborhoods directly to develop detailed implementation plans, zoning changes, and prioritized projects.  This is meticulous work that really works best when rolled out at the neighborhood level.  I'm a neighborhood planner for the last 10 years, so I suppose it's no surprise that I think this.  But it's interesting and pertinent to note that the Fregonese team shares this opinion.  That's particularly surprising because FA does so many regional and large area plans.  The bottom line for planners, and all of us, is that "citywide" planning solutions are elusive and sometimes don't exist.  We'll have the framework with PLANiTULSA, but the details will need to be filled in by neighbors using the same kinds of public interaction that PLANiTULSA is providing.  

On that note, do containers work in your back yard (literally, in this case)?  I've been reading about these and there are millions of them lying around.  Finding a use for them is a novel idea on the surface, but it actually has some potential, I think.  If they don't work in your back yard, what does?  Where might they work?  Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org