A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:17:17 pm
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Billy Mays Passes  (Read 22492 times)
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2009, 11:35:49 am »

Closest one to here is in arkansas. We don't have White Castle either except in the freezer case which is NOT the same thing.

Not according to WhiteCastle's website.  I think the closest one now is in St. Louis.  I believe all the KC locations are gone.

http://www.whitecastle.com/_pages/retailerpopup.asp?state=Arkansas

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2009, 11:41:17 am »

TMZ is saying no head injury or hematoma, most likely heart disease, which would not be surprising.  That was my first guess until I heard he got gonked on the head. 

Another report says he had a pulmonary embolism, which does happen from time to time to people who have just flown long distances.  They sit in one position too long, a clot forms in a leg, it dislodges and winds up in a lung.

They did say he was due for his third hip replacement today and that he was on pain meds but they were fully accounted for, and no signs of abuse.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2009, 12:10:47 pm »

Not according to WhiteCastle's website.
There's a Krystal in Springdale, where Rally's used to be.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2009, 12:52:56 pm »

Not according to WhiteCastle's website.  I think the closest one now is in St. Louis.  I believe all the KC locations are gone.

http://www.whitecastle.com/_pages/retailerpopup.asp?state=Arkansas

I was responding to the post about Krystal, which is in Arkansas. I know where the White Castle is in St Louis. I load up two bags anytime I pass it westbound.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2009, 03:32:16 pm »

I was responding to the post about Krystal, which is in Arkansas. I know where the White Castle is in St Louis. I load up two bags anytime I pass it westbound.

Sorry; misread.  Never been to Krystal's.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
joiei
City Father

« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2009, 06:29:55 am »

I thought Ya'll have Krystals in the South
Oklahoma is not the south.  It is Oklahoma.   I figure if I can't  get an order of grits with breakfast anywhere I go then I am not in the south.  And if you can only get unsweet tea, except at QT then I am not home.  When I have to ask for unsweet tea then I know I am home.  I am a Florida Cracker first and a thank goodness i live in Oklahoma by choice. 

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
joiei
City Father

« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2009, 06:32:09 am »

Sorry; misread.  Never been to Krystal's.
OMG, you have never been to a Krystal's - pronunced Chrystal's in Alabama - especially at 2 in the morning, then you have to add this to your to do list. 

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
Cherish
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2009, 07:08:51 pm »

Oklahoma is not the south.  It is Oklahoma.   I figure if I can't  get an order of grits with breakfast anywhere I go then I am not in the south.  And if you can only get unsweet tea, except at QT then I am not home.  When I have to ask for unsweet tea then I know I am home.  I am a Florida Cracker first and a thank goodness i live in Oklahoma by choice. 

So what region is Oklahoma in?  I'm originally from Canada so I assumed it was in the South.  Whatever it's in it begins with South lol  Grin
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2009, 08:06:08 pm »

OMG, you have never been to a Krystal's - pronunced Chrystal's in Alabama - especially at 2 in the morning, then you have to add this to your to do list. 
You won't be doing that in Springdale. The damn Krystal closes at 10 most nights. I think they're open until midnight friday and saturday.  Shocked

I much preferred when they first opened and were 24 hours, since when I'm over there I'm usually missing dinner and working until 2 or 3 in the morning.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2009, 11:18:42 pm »

I'm confused after all these posts, did Billy Mays die from hamburgers?  Were they White Castle or Krystals?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
dbacks fan
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2009, 09:08:33 am »

So what region is Oklahoma in?  I'm originally from Canada so I assumed it was in the South.  Whatever it's in it begins with South lol  Grin

Tulsa is considered the northern most southern city. OK was not a state during the Civil War, but what is north eastern OK was part of the south.

http://americancivilwar.com/statepic/oklahoma.html
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 09:15:45 am by dbacks fan » Logged
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2009, 01:02:55 pm »

OK was not a state during the Civil War, but what is north eastern OK was part of the south.
[

During the Civil War, my family fought for the west.

Power is nothing till you use it.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2009, 02:34:20 pm »

"The south" is east of Oklahoma. I think we're midwest, despite being in the center of the country E-W. Whoever decided all this seems to have used DC as the center of the US.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2009, 03:15:16 pm »

"The south" is east of Oklahoma. I think we're midwest, despite being in the center of the country E-W. Whoever decided all this seems to have used DC as the center of the US.

Actually, I believe Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, and Missouri are still referred to as the midwest.  We are central plains, though if you pick only the 8 spokes of the compass, I hear south, southwest, or south central.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2009, 01:22:14 pm »

I saw my first Oxyclean commercial post Billy Mays...I'm surprised to say, compared to his pitching, it sucked.

I never realized how good he was at catching my attention.

Now it's boring as hell.

Some quiet female narrator and scenes of things getting cleaned.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org