A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:13:14 pm
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Downtown Master Plan  (Read 10763 times)
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« on: June 26, 2009, 01:39:56 pm »

Anyone here among the interviewees?

"After many months of study, extensive interviews and input from hundreds of stakeholders and interested parties, Eric Gomez, District 4 City Councilor, and Jack Crowley PhD., College of Environment and Design at the University of Georgia and special consultant to the City of Tulsa, would like to present the proposed Downtown Master Plan to the public.
You are invited to join them on Tuesday, June 30, 2009, 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. in the Tulsa City Council Chambers to preview and discuss the proposal.  The Council Chambers are located on the second floor of City Hall, 175 East 2nd Street."

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2009, 11:25:51 am »

Yup. I believe Crowley talked to several thousand people.

If you're concerned about lighting aspects, you need to focus on the brady streetscaping plan as the downtown master plan is a site plan and doesn't get into that level. Although myself and others did regularly harass Crowley about lighting and I would be willing to wager a tidy sum the era of acorns is over.
OurTulsa
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2009, 10:34:36 am »

I'm looking forward to seeing this plan.  While I expect it to focus on the part of downtown inside the IDL I am really curious to see how he plans to connect with those parts of downtown outside the noose-IDL.  I remember seeing a plan that included a streetcar on Boulder Av. that intended to connect Vetrans Park/River Parks up to the north side and OSU Tulsa. 

Looking forward to Tuesday.
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2009, 10:54:01 am »

Yup. I believe Crowley talked to several thousand people.

These were interviews?

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2009, 02:07:13 pm »

I'm looking forward to seeing this plan.  While I expect it to focus on the part of downtown inside the IDL I am really curious to see how he plans to connect with those parts of downtown outside the noose-IDL.  I remember seeing a plan that included a streetcar on Boulder Av. that intended to connect Vetrans Park/River Parks up to the north side and OSU Tulsa. 

Looking forward to Tuesday.

Yes, there is a boulder streetcar and they are trying o see if the new boulder bridge can be built specifically to accomodate it, even if the actual street car lags a bit behind.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2009, 02:08:51 pm »

These were interviews?

Not all many were.

Interview - n - a formal meeting in which one or more persons question, consult, or evaluate
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2009, 10:28:39 am »

My Neighborhood (Riverview just south of DT) got a peek and gave our feedback and ideas.
dsjeffries
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2009, 02:21:12 pm »

*Bump*

This is tonight! Anyone going?
TURobY
Social Butterfly
City Father

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2009, 02:30:11 pm »

I'm very interested, but unfortunately I can't make it tonight. Would someone be so kinda as to take pics or at least post the finding later?

---Robert
dsjeffries
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2009, 03:55:37 pm »

I certainly will...
Rico
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2009, 04:11:10 pm »

Several months ago I was sent a link to some files related to the "DT Master Plan".

By mistake I think.

Not sure if this is what you will see tonight. Have a look if you are curious.

http://www.4shared.com/dir/12099274/e0f3aa6d/sharing.html
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2009, 06:00:19 pm »

Several months ago I was sent a link to some files related to the "DT Master Plan".

By mistake I think.

Not sure if this is what you will see tonight. Have a look if you are curious.

http://www.4shared.com/dir/12099274/e0f3aa6d/sharing.html

Those are early/initial drafts.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2009, 05:56:24 am »

Here you go:
http://www.planitulsa.org/files/Draft_%20Pres_Downtown_Downtown_Master_Plan_Crowley2_12.08.pdf
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2009, 07:23:36 pm »

I still havent been able to find the illustrations that appear to show details, like the one depicted here:

http://www.fox23.com/news/local/story/New-Plans-For-Downtown/p0tg1JJWvEeD1zLBM6uaMQ.cspx

TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2009, 07:58:15 pm »

Even the pics are pretty worthless without the commentary on what your seeing and how the things relate to each other, possible financial scenarios, etc.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org