A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:23:52 pm
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trying to steal Farrah's thunder  (Read 17095 times)
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« on: June 25, 2009, 03:32:25 pm »

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31552029/ns/entertainment-music/

The Los Angeles Times reports that Michael Jackson was rushed to UCLA Medical Center Thursday afternoon.

Los Angeles Fire Department Capt. Steve Ruda told the newspaper that Jackson was not breathing when paramedics arrived at his home and they had to perform CPR.

The pop star's immediate condition is not known, but TMZ.com is reporting that he may have had cardiac arrest.

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2009, 03:36:56 pm »

Not to be mean to the family and not that I want him to die, but from a fan perspective it would have been better if he died in about 1994.    We'd remember him as a star who died before his time (Janis, Jimi, Jim, the Big Bobber, Kirt Cobain, etc.).  Now he is a has been who totally lost his mind and mutilated his body.

1987 - 2003

to

Poor bastard never lived in the real world and just had no idea.

« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 03:43:12 pm by cannon_fodder » Logged

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
FOTD
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2009, 03:40:12 pm »

Yes. But if he died today and they brought him back to life watch out for the second coming....
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2009, 03:40:53 pm »

Resisting urge. . . must resist inappropriate urge to make joke. . .

Crap!  FOTD beat me to it.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
FOTD
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2009, 03:46:28 pm »

Wow...You collect his pics? You better wipe your hard drive, Sparty.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2009, 03:51:02 pm »

TMZ

http://www.tmz.com/

says he's dead
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2009, 03:52:32 pm »

Thunder officially stolen
FOTD
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2009, 04:11:22 pm »

A real Thriller! (for an hour). 

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_A3jEgn3f8&feature=related [/youtube]

RIP Farrah....
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 04:34:28 pm by FOTD » Logged
FOTD
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2009, 07:21:22 pm »

The estate details will be interesting. Solvent? Insurance? Heirs? Trustees? Oh my.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2009, 11:21:28 pm »

Word on Twitter is that Michael Jackson fans who gathered at 71st and Sheridan Thursday night were dispersed by Security Forces (TPD) and despite the press blackout we should be expecting to see YouTube video at any moment.
Im guessing it could be black-helmeted Basij militiamen on Segways....
 Grin

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2009, 11:27:56 pm »

Word on Twitter is that Michael Jackson fans who gathered at 71st and Sheridan Thursday night were dispersed by Security Forces (TPD) and despite the press blackout we should be expecting to see YouTube video at any moment.
 Grin

Anytime I hear that term (Segway) the movie Grandma's Boy always enters my head.  Great movie, especially for the geeky software testers (like me).

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
FOTD
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2009, 02:03:05 am »

Grin

FOTD drove by the intersection at 6:26 PM and noticed a man in a black suit with a black hat holding a hand made poster honoring MJ. He was moon dancing with total disregard for the sweltering concrete below his black leather shoes along the south west corner sidewalk. It was then the gravity of the moment and it's sadness for so many fans hit me.

After eating at Leena's Mediterranean and upon returning at 7:30, this demon noticed there was no longer any moon walker. If the TPD ran him off (and others ) they were doing the MJ fans a big favor and saved the sad souls from heat stroke.

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2009, 07:37:44 am »

Per the insurance.   AEG via Lloyds of London insured the upcoming tour to the tune of $40,000,000.  There is also a rumor that his agent, family, and label have insurance on him.  Yet another rumor that he has insurance on himself payable to his children.

So yeah.  There is enough money involved that we will know how he died.  For better or worse . . .

/brought Michael Jackson #1's to work with me today.

//MTV was playing Jackson videos this AM, hope it is all day.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2009, 07:46:28 am »

Wall-to-wall coverage, I had to watch CNBC to get away from it this morning.  I was waiting for them to spin his death into what that will mean to the markets today.  Wink

I'm curious how long Nancy Grace will beat this into the ground: "Anna Nicole took 600 pee-eels..."

What do you guys think, as big a news story as Elvis' death or bigger?  Can't imagine the media goat-roping in 1977 if there'd been an internet and cable news.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2009, 07:49:54 am »

Wall-to-wall coverage, I had to watch CNBC to get away from it this morning.  I was waiting for them to spin his death into what that will mean to the markets today.  Wink

I'm curious how long Nancy Grace will beat this into the ground: "Anna Nicole took 600 pee-eels..."

What do you guys think, as big a news story as Elvis' death or bigger?  Can't imagine the media goat-roping in 1977 if there'd been an internet and cable news.

I think maybe as big as Elvis; but back in 1977 (I was 10) you didn't have the 24/7 news networks like now.  If Elvis had died during the time of the 24/7 news cycle, it would be worse than the Glove is now.  Especially since he'd essentially turned into a freak as well by that point.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org