A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:02:02 pm
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who will replace Bill Christiansen? District 8 City Council Race  (Read 14270 times)
Jitter Free
« on: June 20, 2009, 08:02:48 am »

I was able to confirm (through someone who is actually working on his campaign) yesterday that Phil Lankin (who is the Executive Director of the Tulsa Community Foundation) will be seeking the Tulsa City Council District 8 seat.   http://www.tulsacf.org/index.cfm?id=12

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2009, 08:05:20 am »

Phil Lakin, not Lankin.

Power is nothing till you use it.
ILUVTulsa
Activist

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2009, 03:53:18 pm »

He's also on T-Transit Board.  Maybe he'll be da dude who brings in transit to D8?  Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

FOTD
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2009, 12:55:44 pm »

What a great person for council.

Good news for our city.
Limabean
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2009, 01:08:43 pm »

Does Phil Lakin live in District 8 or have any experience in city politics? Is he a Republican or a Democrat?
FOTD
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2009, 01:13:30 pm »

Does Phil Lakin live in District 8 or have any experience in city politics? Is he a Republican or a Democrat?

He can't run there if he does not live there. What's experience in city politics got to do with it? what's party got to do with representing neighborhoods?
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2009, 02:12:50 pm »

I believe he is a registered republican. Most people who live in the district are registered that way.

Jitter Free
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2009, 06:55:09 am »

Lakin is a registered Republican and lives in District 8.

I don't know Lakin and have never met him.  I look forward to hearing his platform.

My only concern would be that he might be conflicted out of voting on a number of issues that come before the council given his position with the Tulsa Community Foundation and the entities that are represented on his board.
Jitter Free
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2009, 06:56:33 am »

Has anyone heard of anyone else running for this seat?
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2009, 07:03:44 am »

Has anyone heard of anyone else running for this seat?

Not sure anyone will. Community involvement amongst District 8 residents is a foreign concept, generally limited to screaming "get off my lawn" at passers by.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2009, 07:46:10 am »

I have worked with him on some beautification issues. I hope they are part of his platform. I don't know him well, but am impressed with his grasp on the city and solutions.

I know he has an MBA from Baylor, is married with three kids and is a deacon at his church. 

FOTD
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2009, 07:58:53 am »

I have worked with him on some beautification issues. I hope they are part of his platform. I don't know him well, but am impressed with his grasp on the city and solutions.

I know he has an MBA from Baylor, is married with three kids and is a deacon at his church

BFD....could be a mark against him if he's a republican claiming to be a bible thumper....

The conflict is a good point. But Lakin would still be a tremendous facilitator of public/private cooperation.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2009, 10:46:54 am »

BFD....could be a mark against him if he's a republican claiming to be a bible thumper....

Why would you go there?
Do you automatically label people as zealots?
Why would you write such a sentence using innuendo words like "claiming to be"?

FOTD
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2009, 11:03:02 am »

Why would you go there?
Do you automatically label people as zealots?
Why would you write such a sentence using innuendo words like "claiming to be"?

Because. Many Americans are tired of "going to church" being part of the resume. Like it matters?
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2009, 11:21:58 am »

Many people (including myself, a Christian) aren't fans of people using their faith to advertise but I don't remember seeing ANYWHERE where he is "claiming to be a bible thumper." He hasn't even announced his candidacy, much less give a list of qualifications.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org