A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 06:12:11 pm
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Iran Situation REALLY Heating Up  (Read 37310 times)
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2009, 05:58:59 pm »

For those that have not heard of or seen the "Neda" murder video, here it is in all its horror.

Graphic Video:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=0db_1245519048

This young woman is the reason Obama should say something in support of these people demanding the same freedoms we have here.

This may be her (pre-execution of course):

« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 06:09:52 pm by guido911 » Logged

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2009, 06:13:14 pm »

BTW, the above is VERY graphic.  As soon as Obama starts attacking Iran verbally they will try and turn the whole protesting thing into a US organized protest.  Which they already have tried to say.   I could see this being the launching point for the invasion of Iran in the future.  It is kind of sad when this thing happens in Iran the people protesting are freedom fighters and just crusaders.  It happens here on our electronic machines and 98% of the people are just fine with it and the other 2% are "crazy".
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 06:15:27 pm by Trogdor » Logged
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2009, 07:19:45 pm »

BTW, the above is VERY graphic.  As soon as Obama starts attacking Iran verbally they will try and turn the whole protesting thing into a US organized protest.  Which they already have tried to say.   I could see this being the launching point for the invasion of Iran in the future.  It is kind of sad when this thing happens in Iran the people protesting are freedom fighters and just crusaders.  It happens here on our electronic machines and 98% of the people are just fine with it and the other 2% are "crazy".

I am not sure I have requested Obama to verbally "attack" the Iranian government, only that he should show support for the protesters. Here is a letter purportedly from Mousavi to Obama wherein he takes Obama to task over his comparing Mousavi to dinner jacket.

http://pajamasmedia.com/michaelledeen/2009/06/20/sunday-morning-in-iran-a-letter-from-mousavis-office/

Photoshop of the day?

« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 07:32:51 pm by guido911 » Logged

Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2009, 08:33:04 pm »

I am not sure I have requested Obama to verbally "attack" the Iranian government, only that he should show support for the protesters. Here is a letter purportedly from Mousavi to Obama wherein he takes Obama to task over his comparing Mousavi to dinner jacket.

http://pajamasmedia.com/michaelledeen/2009/06/20/sunday-morning-in-iran-a-letter-from-mousavis-office/

Ok, i get it.  You want Obama to officially endorse Mousavi.  That should help.
FOTD
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2009, 09:44:25 pm »

http://www.legitgov.org/price_us_hypocrisy_iran_210609.html

The world's biggest hypocrite and meddlesome nosy parker, the United States, has outdone itself with its reaction to the post-election events in Iran. At least five glaring 'grand hypocrisy' categories have emerged, with more likely on the way. What other country -- having just endured eight years of dictatorship as the result of two stolen elections -- could actually spew outrage over... another nation's 'stolen election?' Gag me with a green chainsaw.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2009, 07:19:46 am »

Ok, i get it.  You want Obama to officially endorse Mousavi.  That should help.

Wrong, I want Obama to endorse FREEDOM. Geesh, you are getting as bad as soccerboy in your waist worship of Obama.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2009, 07:25:03 am »

Wrong, I want Obama to endorse FREEDOM. Geesh, you are getting as bad as soccerboy in your waist worship of Obama.

And you're inversely as bad with your ODS...

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2009, 08:44:44 am »

There is only part of this that has to do with Obama.  This has to do with the United States Government and the amount of involvement the United States wants to appear to have in this.  Congress has officially condemned the attacks on the protesters.  Obama has already said that the attacks on protesters is wrong, cited some MLK, etc.  Why don't you tell us exactly in one sentence what you want Obama to say.  While I agree the comments were not exactly "strongly worded" and there may be more to say.  What can we do without endorsing the other guy and killing his street cred?
USRufnex
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2009, 04:24:18 pm »

Do you have anything at all to say about the NEOCONS who rooted for Ahmadinejad?
Anything at all?

Cuz God knows if it were liberals who were rooting for Ahmadinejad before the election, you would call them UNPATRIOTIC, UNAMERICAN ...TRAITORS.  Jane Fonda territory....

Waist worship?   Roll Eyes

More like a waste of time posting replies to a cheap FriendlyBear wannabe hack like yourself.   What a waste of time talking to someone who's such an absolute IDIOT and HYPOCRITE when it comes to  national politics... of course, if Obama had been more forceful, you'd call him a "secret muslim".... damned if you do, damned if you don't....

Obama has shown wisdom, and you and McCain and Lindsay Graham and the neocons have shown partisan foolishness.... yet again.

I'm trying to remember being this bitter over George Bush beating Al Gore in an election in which Gore won the popular vote.... nope, it took WMD and Abu Gharib and Katrina and the attempt to privatize social security before I decided Dubya was the worst president of my lifetime (edging Jimmy Carter by a nose)... 

Did you ever go out to eat this week?.... dinner?  a movie?  ice cream?  horseback riding?.... or did you spend the week obsessed over the elected president of this country who you think is a coward and an idiot?

Demanding he start screaming and yelling and beating his chest in self-righteous indignation..... oh wait, where'd I hear that... oh yeah, this morning.... from a REPUBLICAN...

Joe Scarborough: Obama’s Critics on Iran are living in an Alternative Universe

http://www.politicususa.com/en/Morning-Joe-Iran

“I think you could say that the president has not been timid and passive, but he’s actually been restrained…The leaders over there haven’t asked the United States to be more involved, the opposition leaders, they understand that if we have a president who holds a press conference and demands freedom now. This is what surprises me. My good friend Lindsey Graham calls the president weak and tepid. Lindsey should know that anything Lindsey Graham from South Carolina says is going to be used from Ahmadinejad and other Iranian leaders that want to keep these peace marches down.”

“These people are doing quite fine without screaming and yelling and beating our chests in self-righteous indignation, and for those Republicans who claim that the world doesn’t know what side we’re on, I would suggest that you are living in an alternative universe, because every student there knows, every student there knows, we are on their side.”

“What would John McCain and Lindsey Graham specifically have the president say? All of those people that are emailing in and telling me that I’m being liberal? Oh really? I’m being liberal? No I think it’s called restraint. Showing a little bit of restraint. Looking at the battlefield in front of you and not just running up Pickett’s Charge and getting gunned down. If you want to feel good about yourself — and you can only feel good about yourself by screaming about the evils of Iran — fine do that. But our leaders in Washington don’t need to do that because people will be routed in the street the second they are identified with the United States of America.”

Your argument that Obama took his kids out to ice cream while Iran burned is ludicrous.

Typical of a conservative, dem-hating, republican pig.
BLESSED ARE THE PEACEMAKERS.

Obama’s Nowruz Message to the Iranian People
http://omidforiran.org/obamas-nowruz-message

"So in this season of new beginnings I would like to speak clearly to Iran’s leaders. We have serious differences that have grown over time. My administration is now committed to diplomacy that addresses the full range of issues before us, and to pursuing constructive ties among the United States, Iran and the international community. This process will not be advanced by threats. We seek instead engagement that is honest and grounded in mutual respect.

You, too, have a choice. The United States wants the Islamic Republic of Iran to take its rightful place in the community of nations. You have that right — but it comes with real responsibilities, and that place cannot be reached through terror or arms, but rather through peaceful actions that demonstrate the true greatness of the Iranian people and civilization. And the measure of that greatness is not the capacity to destroy, it is your demonstrated ability to build and create."

--Barack Hussein Obama

« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 04:29:43 pm by USRufnex » Logged
FOTD
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2009, 11:33:26 am »

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1905477,00.html

Robert Baer: Don't Forget Mousavi's Bloody Past
By ROBERT BAER

Earlier this week, I received an e-mail from a Lebanese who was present at the creation of the country's Iranian-backed, Shi'ite militia Hizballah in 1982 and on familiar terms with its most radical and violent members. He wrote: "Are you people crazy backing Mousavi, a patron of Hizballah's terrorist wing?"

Has Rush or O'Reilly made note of this? Or any of the other media types who are pressuring President Obama? What about John McCain. His thoughts on this would be very interesting.

You with idealogical rigidity need to realize this is a mere battle between Iranian elitists....
USRufnex
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2009, 07:36:13 pm »

True enough.  Mousavi was a handpicked candidate.... the loose equivalent of having Billy Graham or Cardinal Law or Pat Robertson picking acceptable candidates for president before the people are allowed to vote...

The Folly of Attacking Iran: Lessons from History
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJRcOF7rEfQ

waterboy
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2009, 05:58:15 am »

Which implies a question. Are the Iranian people upset that their vote was a fraud or are they upset that a more radical, violent crazy was not elected? Either way the behavior of leading Republicans has been despicable. They need to follow their own advice, "lead, follow, or get out of the way".
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2009, 11:00:43 am »

It is kind of sad when this thing happens in Iran the people protesting are freedom fighters and just crusaders.  It happens here on our electronic machines and 98% of the people are just fine with it and the other 2% are "crazy".

The comparison is superficial at best.

In the United States the result was within the margin of error of the polls.  The discrepancy hinged on several thousand votes with a voter turnout within the expected realm.  Results were released continuously and showed no statistical sign of vote rigging.  International observers were allowed and they reported minimal discrepancies, the local and international press were free to report and investigate as they saw fit.   People were free to protest and rant about it on the internet, not were murdered.  Subsequently an INDEPENDENT commission from each state reviewed their results.  This could be appealed to the INDEPENDENT Federal Election Commission.  Then to the Courts.  Following all of that the ballots were made public and anyone who petitioned could, and did, inspect them.  The results of that inspection confirmed the determination of the entire process. 

In Iran:

First we start with only candidates approved by the religious authority.  While our 2 party system sucks, it at least includes primaries and is WAY better than a one party or "gateway" system.  But more to point:

The results were 30% inverse to what the polls said.  The discrepancy hinges on millions of votes with a reported voter turnout probably 10-20% over what would be likely.  The results were released sporadically and had a massive statistical swing in favor of the ruling candidate towards the end.  International observers were banned, the local press is government run and international press is banned.  Protests have been forbidden and the protests which do take place are frequently met with violence and even murder, though officially only with the threat of imprisonment.  The results were reviewed by the ruling candidate.  They were appealed to a panel appointed by the ruling candidate.   Then to the religious authority who endorse the ruling candidate.  The ballots will not be open to inspection by anyone by the ruling candidate and the religious authority.  Thus, no independent confirmation of the voting process will be available.

Do you see the differences?

If the 2004 election came back with GW winning by 30% of the popular vote, which was reviewed by Donald Rumsfield and determined to be fine, then protesters were arrested . . . we'd have a similar situation.

Plus, it goes back to the credibility argument.  You think everything is a conspiracy.  So even if you are eventually right, it won't really matter because no one listens to you.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2009, 11:10:21 am »

Either way the behavior of leading Republicans has been despicable. They need to follow their own advice, "lead, follow, or get out of the way".
Yeah, McCain was way despicable right here:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lp5ApDTfsTM&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fhotairpundit.blogspot.com%2F2009%2F06%2Fjohn-mccain-tribute-to-neda-on-senate.html&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

FOTD
« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2009, 11:14:51 am »

Come up with a new torch bearer.

* McSame.jpg (19.04 KB - downloaded 270 times.)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org