What is going on east of Dilly Deli?

<< < (18/18)

Renaissance:
Quote from: Conan71 on December 18, 2009, 08:44:15 am

I don't think we need to worry about Marshall's failing.  I think he's selling all the beer he can make right now.

There's two brew pubs in OKC I'm aware of, Bricktown and Belle Isle in 50 Penn Place.  I've eaten at Brick Town and Had Belle Isle's wheat offering at our big regatta in OKC the last two years.  Pretty good brew.

I've had one of the Coop (OKC) beers, I can't remember which now, it was a good beer

http://www.coopaleworks.com/

Hmm doing a Google search, there's also two BJ's Brewhouse restaurants, one at 2425 W. Memorial and another in Norman.  This appears to be a chain or franchise.  I'd not heard of it. 

There's also Coach's in OKC Bricktown and Norman.

So that's six brew pubs and one brewery by my count in OKC, and one brewery for Tulsa.

There are no local ordinances keeping anyone from opening one in Tulsa, it's just the cost of building one adds a ton onto the cost (lowest estimates I've seen for a low-production brewery is about $1mm) of a restaurant.  You would think someone would have stepped up a long time ago and done this again, but apparently no one is interested.

Add in Choc and you've got three micro-breweries and six brew pubs in Oklahoma.  Not bad for a state with backwardsass liquor laws, but it could always be better.

Two clarifications-  First, BJ's is not a brewpub.  It's a highway food chain that creates its own beer (out of state) and ships it to the restaurants.  It would be like Chili's having its own beer labels.  Second, only the Coach's in Norman is a brewpub.  They make their beer down there and truck it to OKC.  So, unfortunately, the brewpub count goes down by half.  Although Coach's does send beer to several bars around the OKC metro and used to ship to their former location in Tulsa, so maybe they count as both a brewpub and microbrewery . . . ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page